ATV Selling Questions

/ ATV Selling Questions #1  

rutwad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 5465, Kubota M5040, Farmall H (2), Minneapolis Moline R, Case 530CK, Cat 416C
I am an ATV fanatic. I love them. Where would I be today had I not had one? Anyway, the time has come where I need some money and I figure selling my ATV's will be the easiest way for me to bring in a decent amount of needed money. Do you know of any free classifieds that may actually get any responses. I hate to spend any more money right now trying to sell them, so I prefer free ads. But if necessary I may have to look into paid advertisements.

Also, any ideas on prices. Not from a buyer's point of view, but from my point of view. What would any of you try to sell them for realistically if they were yours?

One is a 2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700, selectable 4x4 with front differential lock, automatic tranny with high low and reverse, large front and rear cargo racks, towing hitch rated for 1200 lbs (maybe 1250?). This machine was bought by me new (adult owned) and has been METICULOUSLY maintained. With only 70 hours, the oil has been changed approximately 3 -4 times (I would have to verify with my records to be sure) using $8/qu Amsoil synthetics. Also use Amsoil syn. in front and rear gear boxes. Once I bought this ATV and realized the power it had and found aftermarket items to make it even stronger, well I went to work trying to improve it. This became as much of a hobby as riding it. I spent hours wrenching making sure everything was exact. I installed a new intake, air filter, aftermarket cams, rejetted carbs (much more time consuming than you can imagine), replaced the entire exhasut with a free flowing performance exhasut system, installed aftermarket CDI ignition, and changed out the clutch springs for better belt life. At that time, most every reasosnable upgrade had been done and it was FAST! Then the fun was over, so I went on to purchase a '67 Bronco to work with. Anyway, the Kawasaki has front/ rear racks, Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, all working lights, digital display, etc. I have always kept in inside the garage, and still even had it covered at times. There is no faded, cracked or torn plastic, only scratches from normal use from limbs, briars or wherever else they may come from. Never wrecked, and GTPP extended warranty until March 2008. Also I purchased (only used twice) a Koplin atv cooler that easily holds a case and it has two detachable bags with multiple pockets. This is a really nice setup. I have two sets of OEM wheels and tires. Also wanting to include the OEM exhasut, (hardly used), OEM aif filter (great for cleaning one and letting it dry while still riding with the other) oem intake, oem clutch spring and clutch puller tool (approx $60). This atv has never been wrecked, adult owned, and mostly ridden down dirt roads and wooded trails. I am not a mud rider, that's why I still run the factory tires. Escellent shape, and probably the most versatile ATV out there today. Thsi is my second one, and when my money is right, this is what I will buy again. No problems, no regrets, just pure pleasure. Almost 50 HP stock. Best braking setup in the industry. I would like to sell the atv along with all its extras which include every part that I ever upgraded except the cams which were core trade-ins. And to help me clean out the garage in the process, I am throwing in 4 33x12.50x15 Mud Kings mounted on wheels with 5x51/2 bolt pattern. They came off an Early Bronco. And I have a sunroc brand water cooler that I am including. I want to get a price idea for the ATV and the other stuff will come with it, just to help me clean out my garage. Looking to buy a new tractor and I need the space and money. Forgot, just installed new battery, and new back-up recoil starter. (I placed silicone around the recoil rope to keep out mud, dust, and water, but it is easily broken free if the recoil rope is needed to start the ATV. Also, the thin black plastic is very, VERY easily torn on these Prairies. This is my second one and I learned from my first. So when it was still new, I bought extra fender bolts and large fender washers to add attachment points for bolting the plastic down. It has worked superbly with no torn plastic.

Also, 2002 Yamah Raptor 660R. Other than it's custom built front bumper, floor boards, and rear grab bar/6-pack rack, it looks like new. It is black and white, always garaged, always cleaned. Plastic looks shiny new. It has a cut air box lid, dial-a-jet kit installed, and the muffler has been gutted for better flow. It's a Raptor, it's FAST, what more can I say.

These items need to be sold at a fair price. I am not looking to find out what book value is, even if they have a book value for these. These ATV's both have low hours/miles and have been taken care of well beyond what the average owner would do. For anybody that knows much about these atv's, what should I try to get? Together or separately. I don't know if prices vary by region, time of year, or what. I am in Alabama. Maybe it's a good time to sell the Kawasaki because of upcoming hunting season. The raptor may sell better in the spring. I don't know and need advice. I sold my first one easily because my wife's cousing bought it, so I did not have to advertise.

I have thought about the newspaper ads, but they cost and run only a limited time. Do they usually get a good response? Maybe I could take them to the local drag strip, whoop some stock sports car as$e$, then sell them. Your advice is needed.

I am very busy now days with limited time to check all the forums I attend regularly, so please email me at dkpouncey1@netzero.com if you have any ideas for me. If you do email me, please include some subject that I will recognize, otherwise I usually delete messages with never opening them.

Who knows, I may even find some more "junk" to throw in with them. I need to clean out the garage and would like to take the easy way out.....LOL!

/ ATV Selling Questions #2  
Seems you have alot of $ tied up in these machines. only You have an idea of what you have to have $ wise for these machines. Someone out there wants what you have, you just have to advertise it to him or her. Have you tried forums.atvconnection.com.It's nothing but ATV'S.( all brands & types) That might be a better plase to ask these questions. You maybe able to sell them there. Good luck !

/ ATV Selling Questions
I'll go try the atv site now, thanks.

Rode the kaw. yesterday. Still lovin' it!

/ ATV Selling Questions #5  
Ive seen Ebay can bring top dollar have lots of pictures and a good description. Also make sure even if your state does not require a title many other states do and buyer want something that can at least have a title obtained for it such as a certificate of orgin.

/ ATV Selling Questions
I have a clear title for it. I have thought about ebay, but trying to avoid the trouble if I could just sell it through classifieds.

/ ATV Selling Questions #7  
You would be suprised how god the local bargain trader works. If its a desriable quad AKA HONDA it could bring top dollar if under $3500 or so. I am not sure how quick an ATV priced over that would sell. It would prbally cost you $20 and you would get local responses, instead of some kid or something 2000 miles away.