The new ASV Scout

/ The new ASV Scout
Eddie,

I agree with the price issue. My consideration is the payload capability. Don't know of any other UTV which comes close. The Kubota RTV's could be loaded on the back to get them home after they got stuck.

The idea of using hydraulic attachments also interests me though I haven't quite figured out how that comes into play. A snowblower on the front of these would sure blast through some drifts.

By the way, I've been using your tree pushing method with my Kubota L-39 to make way through some woods for a power line trench. Has been working great. Must say it's better than cutting them for getting out the stumps. Also the fact that I'm cutting a swath about 10' wide the method helps as far as keeping them from getting hung up. If they do get caught in a couple of branches on the way down I can just keep pushing.

Sorry to go off topic but wanted to thank you for the method.

/ The new ASV Scout #12  
Jerry,

Glad the backhoe method is working for you on taking out your trees. It's realy not my method, just how I was shown how by some other backhoe operators. I just mentioned it here so those of you with backhoes can give it a try and avoid having to deal with stumps after cutting down a tree with a chainsaw.

Another good point about the ASV is that it's new technology. I think the articles that I read mentioned that there are a few other companies working on tracked UTV's that are dut out in the future. With competion and technology, prices might drop some.

I'm not going to buy one myself, I won't even spend ten grand on what's out there now, or half that on a used one or an ATV. I have a $500 electric golf cart that does a great job of getting around my trails that does everything I need. It's a little rough to look at, but when the kids (10 & 6) get to drive it, you'd think it was made of gold!!!

Speaking of mud, my spillway has been flowing water for two months now and I can't get close to mowing it with my tractor. I've gotten stuck real bad once and come close a few other times. My father in law and 6 year old drove right across it in the golf cart yesterday without even realizing the problems I've had in that area with the tractor. Those fat little tires on it just floated across the mud without any trouble. If I'd have been driving, I would never have tried it, but they didn't know any better and were just having fun.

Eddie

/ The new ASV Scout #13  
I have just goten 3 in inventory. My customers looking at them are not your average weekend ATV guy. They are outfitters, ski resorts, oil field companies (up north), school districts etc.

This is a very capable serious machines that is really a work horse. I have some killer videos of it with some great implements forthcoming.

Maka

/ The new ASV Scout #14  
never heard of someone mowing a spillway?? a spillway is something that is underwater or is swampland.why cut it we burn the marsh down here other than that the spillways grow wild.unless your talking about something else and just calling it a spillway??

/ The new ASV Scout #15  
Some of this type frames are use at ski slopes were I worked part time they had a bucket lift to change the lamps on the slope and to do the line work on the lifts.

tom

/ The new ASV Scout #16  
Hey TOMMYHPX4X4 ,
I think they are talking about some sort of ski-slope thing. I don't really know. As you know, we don't see snow unless someone throws a Icee at you ... I am just like you, a spillway in the south has flowing water, weeds, fish, gators, snakes, turtles and lot of creatures & things we cannot identify.
UP NORTH, a spillway might be a area where someone who crashes on his skis and run down like we have seen on tv ~~~~ No disrespect, but folks up north identify & name things alot different from folks down in the south. Bet many don't even know what grits are ~~~ or Bryan meats, Flavor of the South !!!!

/ The new ASV Scout
Maka,

Are the videos viewable anywhere on line? Do you have info on the future implements?

/ The new ASV Scout #19  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
never heard of someone mowing a spillway?? a spillway is something that is underwater or is swampland.why cut it we burn the marsh down here other than that the spillways grow wild.unless your talking about something else and just calling it a spillway??

I wont speak for everyone, but my spillway is 25 feet wide where the water exits my pond and flows for almost 200 feet before entering a creek. It only flows when my pond is overflowing. If it hasn't rained in a week, it normaly isn't flowing and the ground is dry. This year, the rains have been way above normal and my spillway has been flowing for several months.

Under normal conditions, I can mow it without any problems. This year isn't normal.

Eddie

/ The new ASV Scout #20  
EddieWalker said:
I wont speak for everyone, but my spillway is 25 feet wide where the water exits my pond and flows for almost 200 feet before entering a creek. It only flows when my pond is overflowing. If it hasn't rained in a week, it normaly isn't flowing and the ground is dry. This year, the rains have been way above normal and my spillway has been flowing for several months.

Under normal conditions, I can mow it without any problems. This year isn't normal.

Eddie

ok i see what you got now you have a overflow for your pond that is pretty much a little creek in it'self. you see down here a spillway is swampy land that is used to flood or should i say send all the unwanted water to if needed. you have a dry creek bed that flows when the pond gets to a certain level and when it drops the creek stops flowing. down here our spill way is like a few miles across and it stays flodded year roundnot really flooded but it holds water. it's like a lake we use it to relieve presure off the missisippi river and other bayous when the rains start and the snow melts up north.thats where we get our best crawfish from "spillway crawfish". anyway i understand what you got now.lol