Brush Cutting with an ATV

/ Brush Cutting with an ATV #1  

jbrumberg

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29DA, John Deere D130
To All:

I am curious if there any rotary cutters made for ATV use. I have a RC on my tractor, but I am interesting in cutting a trail in terrain that would roll my tractor. I would appreciate any available information on makes and models. Thank you in advance. Jay

/ Brush Cutting with an ATV
Thank You Jim- Jay

/ Brush Cutting with an ATV #4  
   / Brush Cutting with an ATV #5  
I'm sure that the manufacturers have thought about it now, but about 10 years ago when I tried one I kept burning up the engines. Apparently on the steep hills the engines on the tow behind cutters lost oil pressure and quit picking up oil from their sump when I used them on some relatively steep hills. Again, they likely have addressed this situation, but I'd sure check to be sure. I burned up 3 of them before they just gave me my money back and told me that it wouldn't work for what I wanted to do with it.

/ Brush Cutting with an ATV #6  
Apparently on the steep hills the engines on the tow behind cutters lost oil pressure and quit picking up oil from their sump when I used them on some relatively steep hills

Good Point to consider Dargo.

The Kohler on the acrease is rated for slope mowing. I don't have the actual specs here but I called Acrease direct to discuss this issue befor I purchased mine.