Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

Default Brush Cutting with an ATV

To All:

I am curious if there any rotary cutters made for ATV use. I have a RC on my tractor, but I am interesting in cutting a trail in terrain that would roll my tractor. I would appreciate any available information on makes and models. Thank you in advance. Jay

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    Case 1845 C Skid steer

Default Re: Brush Cutting with an ATV

NorthernTool has a good selection, try this link
    Trail Mowers | Lawn Mowers | Grounds Maintenance | Northern Tool + Equipment
    Jim
    Click here for my current weather

Case 1845C with dirt bucket, forks, 3 point quick hitch on the front, 30'. boom, 6 & 1/2 foot disc harrow, 5 foot Howse RC, root and tree bucket and Grouser tracks and a Ford F-550 pick up,7.3 Turbo with Auto and a Crosley 25' X 8'.6" X 14 K D/O trailer.
    PDF files don't like me !!
    Making a F-550 Pick Up thread
    My Gallery
    My other Gallery
    Revielle video here
    Dear Eliot

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

Thank You Jim- Jay

Tractor
    NH TN75

Kunz Engineering Inc., AcrEase Pull Mowers & Till-Ease ATV Tillage Equipment, Finish and Rough Cut Trailmowers

Check out the acrease rough cuts.

I ordered the MR55K and have used several times this summer to cut areas too steep, or otherwise inaccessable. You will need a larger ATV to pull this unit as it weighs almost 600lbs. It is heavy duty, well built, and an awesome machine. The Kohler Vtwin is very smooth too.

You will also need 9ft of trailer length to haul this mower.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17)

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

I'm sure that the manufacturers have thought about it now, but about 10 years ago when I tried one I kept burning up the engines. Apparently on the steep hills the engines on the tow behind cutters lost oil pressure and quit picking up oil from their sump when I used them on some relatively steep hills. Again, they likely have addressed this situation, but I'd sure check to be sure. I burned up 3 of them before they just gave me my money back and told me that it wouldn't work for what I wanted to do with it.
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Tractor
    NH TN75

Apparently on the steep hills the engines on the tow behind cutters lost oil pressure and quit picking up oil from their sump when I used them on some relatively steep hills

Good Point to consider Dargo.

The Kohler on the acrease is rated for slope mowing. I don't have the actual specs here but I called Acrease direct to discuss this issue befor I purchased mine.
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17)