XUV info I picked up

/ XUV info I picked up #1  

cef2lion

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4410, JD455
Gator™ XUV 4x4 Series for 2007

Gator XUV 620i 4x4 (shown in olive and black)

Gator XUV 850D 4x4 (shown in green and yellow)

Gator XUV 620i 4x4 also available in John Deere green and yellow color scheme
Gator XUV 850D 4x4 also available in olive and black color scheme (later this summer)

The John Deere Gator Utility Vehicle Team is proud to introduce a new addition to the Gator lineup for 2007, the Gator XUV 4x4 Series. The Gator XUV 4x4 is the most advanced and most performance-oriented Gator ever produced. The new Gator XUV was developed specifically to allow us to gain access to an entirely new vehicle category (Trail Utility) and attract returning John Deere customers as well as new ones. The Gator XUV is all about improved performance, an improved vehicle impression (stance) and improved value, but because we are John Deere this product is also all about work and utility. The X in XUV stands for Crossover. The XUV will deliver to our customers the extreme performance they demand and the work capability they expect.

The primary target customer for the new Gator XUV is the consumer Working Sportsman. The working sportsman is into hunting, fishing, and trail riding, but they also have a need for a product to help them with land improvement projects. The working sportsman demands higher performance. They want high-tech and high-powered engines, higher speeds, a great ride, and awesome terrain capability. This is exactly what they are going to receive with a new Gator XUV.

The secondary target customer for the new Gator XUV is the commercial and consumer Property Enhancer. People who work and care for land and property, whether they are a governmental agency, municipality, school or institution, professional landscape contractor or a homeowner, have a wide variety of requirements to fulfill in order to assist them on the job. With the best-in-class work capability and versatility that the Gator XUV has, along with its powerful engines, speed, and excellent ride quality, the property enhancer will have all their requirements surpassed by the new Gator XUV.

2007 High-Performance Gator Lineup

Gator HPX 4x4 (Gas - green and yellow)
See price pages for current pricing
Gator HPX Trail and HPX Diesel models are being discontinued; availability limited to dealer inventory
Gator XUV 620i 4x4 (Gas EFI)
Green and yellow color scheme
Olive and black color scheme
Gator XUV 850D 4x4 (Diesel)
Green and yellow color scheme
Olive and black color scheme (available summer 2007)
NEW Features and Benefits of the Gator XUV

617 cc Kawasaki gas EFI and 854 cc Yanmar diesel engines have 20% more horsepower for incredible performance in any terrain
XUV 620i 23 hp**
XUV 850D 24.6 hp**
Best-in-class diesel unit is the most powerful, fastest accelerating, and fastest top speed diesel in its class!
Electronic fuel injection (EFI) on all gas engines for instant starting and throttle response (tested to -20 deg. F)
Exclusive electronic governor and throttle body for added power under load; plus the XUV will maintain top speed through belt wear
30 mph top speed (17 mph in low range) will allow you to be more productive, herd livestock, and cover a field faster
Optional Speed Limiter™ kit (BM22198) allows full power and acceleration with keyed lockout to limit top speed to 20 mph; a must when an owner needs to control multiple operators (only available on 620i)
45% increased acceleration will deliver the performance customers are looking for
Advanced clutching with a tighter belt will provide superior low-speed creep ability with smoother engagement and efficient engine braking to assist descending down hills
Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) provides excellent ride quality and superior terrain capability through four-wheel independent travel
100% increased suspension travel (7-in. rear) will soak up bumps and terrain while maintaining traction through any condition
75% increased ground clearance (11-in.) will allow greater access and superior terrain capability
Standard full-clutch enclosure on all gas models will provide greater access through water up to 22-in. high
On-demand "true" 4WD system with an auto-locking front differential and dash-mounted electronic switch to provide exceptional traction in challenging conditions
Standard 2-in. rear receiver hitch; optional factory or field installed 2-in. front receiver hitch available
Larger-styled wheels (12-in.) and tires (25-in.) for greater ground clearance and sporty good looks; choice of Aggressive tread tires (AT489) and Heavy-Duty All Purpose tread tires (All Trail II) at the same "in base" unit price
Improved steering further reduces steering effort for assured predictability
20% increased output alternator delivers 25.5 amps, allowing for more electrical accessories without battery drain
Increased cargo box capacity to 1,000 lb.
Increased payload capacity to 1,400 lb.
1,300 lb. towing capacity
Factory installed attachments and accessories available (also available for 2007 HPX unless otherwise noted)
Property Care Package (factory installed option code 3000)
Hydraulic power lift for cargo box
Bedliner for cargo box
Front brush guards
Floormats
OPS Rear Screen (factory installed option code 4000)
2-in. Front Receiver Hitch (factory installed option code 5000) (XUV only)

Other Features and Benefits of the Gator XUV

Standard Occupant Protection System (OPS) with a passenger-side hand-hold and 3-point seat belts is SAE and OSHA ROPS-certified, providing rugged "off-road" looks and protection
Two-speed transmission to allow for superior low-speed pulling and towing ability
Front and rear hydraulic service brakes with driveline mechanical disk that is hand-operated provides an automotive-style brake system with a dual circuit for the greatest reliability and a smoother-feeling engagement
Hydroformed frame for unmatched strength and durability
Engineered plastic (JDLOY) is paintable and provides improved scratch and marring resistance/recoverability
Standard bumper to provide protection for the vehicle
Attractive styling with integrated features, such as cup holders, 12-volt outlet, glove box, storage compartment, and fuel gauge

NEW Attachments and Accessories (A&A) Info: (available for both the XUV and HPX unless otherwise noted)

A&A PACKAGES available at 10% off
Outdoorsman Package (BM22424)
OPS roof
OPS half poly windshield
OPS light kit
OPS seatbelt comfort strap
Worksite Package (BM22423) (XUV only)
Back-up alarm
Deluxe light kit
Fender guards
Horn kit
Speed Limiter Kit (BM22198) (XUV 620i only)
New Poly Windshields for XUV and HPX; these new windshields have enhanced hardware, a new tool-less hinge at the bottom of both windshields for easy access under the hood, and are screen-printed with the Gator brand at bottom
OPS poly half windshield (BM22430)
OPS poly full windshield (BM22429)
Hydraulic Power Lift (BM22108) with new 25% lower* list price (look for a new 25% lower* list price on the HPX power lift as well)
Front 2-in. Receiver Hitch (BM22292) (XUV only)
OPS Soft Roof (LT93127) (licensed product available through Order Zone)
OPS Organizer (LT93117) (licensed product available through Order Zone)
Cover (Full Size - Cab or Structure) (LP93107) (licensed product available through Order Zone)

Other Attachments and Accessories (A&A) Info: (available for both the XUV and HPX unless otherwise noted)

OPS poly roof (BM21970)
OPS light kit (BM21967)
OPS rear screen (BM21966)
OPS seatbelt comfort strap (BM22076)

SAE and OSHA Certified ROPS Ordering Information:

Deluxe cab frame - XUV (2001 code) on Gator HPX

We have had fantastic success with our Deluxe Cab systems for the Gator HPX and this exact same Deluxe Cab system fits all the Gator XUV models as well.

Key Selling Points for Gator XUV 4x4 Series

Best-in-class quality and durability
Unit undergoes the most stringent testing and is held to the highest standards in the industry
Longer hours
Harsher duty cycle
Tested beyond normal customer use
The hydroform steel frame has fewer bolted and welded joints
Most competitive products use a framing process that contains more welds and bolted areas with steel that is of a lighter gauge
JDLoy plastics are used on our fenders and hood
UV-resistant
Scratch-resistant
Impact-resistant
Superior terrain capability
Best-in-class true 4-wheel drive
Point out our 11-in. of ground clearance is higher than major competitors
Clears more obstacles on the trail without getting hung up
With independent rear suspension, wheels will stay on the ground to keep the unit stable and moving forward through difficult terrain
Best-in-class ride quality
Fully independent suspension
7-in. of suspension travel
Optimized to offer great ride with full loads or no load
Best-in-class stability through all specified load ranges
Suggestion: Set up ride and drive with bumps and hills for customers to experience smooth, comfortable ride.

Best-in-class work capability
Best-in-class stability
Low center of gravity and wide stance
Increased cargo capacity
1,400 lb. total payload (passengers and cargo)
1,000 lb. total cargo weight
1,300 lb. towing capacity
Demonstrate smooth ride of unit both loaded and unloaded
Even at maximum cargo capacity, the independent suspension maintains best-in-class stability
Over 75 available attachments and accessories
20% more horsepower than top competitors
23 hp** Gas EFI
24.6 hp** Diesel (most powerful and fastest diesel in its class)
Power allows you to handle more loads
Carrying heavy cargo
Climbing steep and tough terrain
Identify and emphasize the low height (33-in.) of the cargo box
Over 75 available OEM attachments and accessories
Illustrate the versatility of the machine by installing/utilizing the wide variety of available attachments
Always display units on the floor with attachments that are appropriate for the season and geographical area
Advanced Engine System
Most advanced fuel injection system in the industry
Immediate starting to 20 degrees below zero, great throttle response, and automatic altitude adjustment
Exclusive electronic governor and throttle allows for more power under heavy loads and automatic compensation for belt wear
The most powerful 854 cc diesel engine in its class
The farmer and other diesel customers will appreciate the awesome power and speed to increase productivity and capability

Availability

The Gator XUV 4x4 Series will be available through the COF System in JD Mint on 26 February 2007.

XUV 620i 4x4 (Gas EFI) John Deere green and yellow
XUV 620i 4x4 (Gas EFI) olive and black
XUV 850D 4x4 (Diesel) John Deere green and yellow
The Gator XUV 850D 4x4 (Diesel) olive and black will be released this summer. Look for updates and more launch information later this year.

/ XUV info I picked up #2  
I suppose since they are releasing the trail in diesel it will have a clutch enclosure.

I can't wait~! :)

/ XUV info I picked up #3  
Skip,
Don't be so sure about that... They still did not have a "fix" for the Diesel enclosed clutch as of the release in November...

/ XUV info I picked up #4  
Cef2lion: What is this?

"Worksite Package (BM22423) (XUV only)"

I think I will go see my dealer and try to pre-order one of these next week. Will the final pricing show in the order system now?

/ XUV info I picked up #5  
NEW Attachments and Accessories (A&A) Info: (available for both the XUV and HPX unless otherwise noted)
A&A PACKAGES available at 10% off
Outdoorsman Package (BM22424)
...OPS roof
...OPS half poly windshield
...OPS light kit
...OPS seatbelt comfort strap
Worksite Package (BM22423) (XUV only)
...Back-up alarm
...Deluxe light kit
...Fender guards
...Horn kit

/ XUV info I picked up #6  
I wish I had not read this, Now I want to trade my 06. I wonder what the pricing will be. JC

/ XUV info I picked up #7  
Should be essentially the same because I heard someone saying their dealer offered them a new XUV for 1k but their 06 trade in. That's what I remember people doing with their 05s when the 06 came out too.

/ XUV info I picked up #8  
RollTideRam said:
I wish I had not read this, Now I want to trade my 06. I wonder what the pricing will be. JC
Whats up RollTideRam?

Your close to me. I'm in Arab. I trade at Coker John Deere~! :)

/ XUV info I picked up #9  
Do you trade with Dee or Bo? Have you asked when they might be in? JC

/ XUV info I picked up #10  
RollTideRam said:
Do you trade with Dee or Bo? Have you asked when they might be in? JC
I like them both.

They should be in by the middle or end of next month.

Dee ordered 10. 8 JD green xuv's and 2 trail XUV'S.

I traded my 05 for the 06 trail I have now. I will trade again as soon as they arrive. They need the EFI and the rear independent suspension really bad.
Have you ever noticed if you go up or down a steep incline you lose fuel?
I've had that problem with both hpx's.

Dee is the one I deal with on trades~! :)