Land Pride Treker 4420 series

/ Land Pride Treker 4420 series #1  

bluechip

Veteran Member
We have had a couple of the new 20 series in stock for a couple weeks, The performance is impressive with 30mph top speed, quicker off the line and even more low end pulling power (1200lb tow capacity 900 in the box) and still no need to have to shift gears to work or play. The same excellent ride as the 00 and 10 series with fully independent suspension and the same auto locking rear and overrunning clutch front differentials for true 4wd capability without excessive damage to the turf. Electric dump bed is now standard also. The CVT is sealed so water crossings are no problem, even with water higher than the floorboards (dont ask how I know this). If your in an area that has a landpride vehicle dealer, it is worth a look.

Attachments

• red20treker.jpg
    red20treker.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,317
   / Land Pride Treker 4420 series #2  
I have heard good things about the Treker but never talked to anyone who actually owns one.

I will be in the market for a UTV, RTV, Gator later this year and was going to look at Land Pride.

One thing I noticed was no high-low range, only one forward gear. I don't have very many flat places on my land so how does the Treker do pulling a loaded bed and small trailer up a steep hill?

/ Land Pride Treker 4420 series
The Treker has a wide range CVT, that is a variable ratio drive so there are infinite "gear" ratios possible without having to have a low range. While there is no shifting necessary between 0 and 30mph, pushing the throttle to the floor will bring the engine to its governed speed and the vehicle will accelerate as the CVT ratio changes automatically. If the engine rpm drops, the ratio will drop, in effect, automatically downshifting to a point where the rpm increases again, in effect, holding it at the optimum ratio for the task at hand. Best bet is to test drive one. I think you'll be pleased with the performance.

/ Land Pride Treker 4420 series
You should be able to buy one under $9K, including power dump bed and 4wd. The 2wd are at least $1K less. Landpride has just reduced MSRP so they can begin to list it on thier website. Most dealers were selling well below MSRP anyway, now they have an MSRP closer to real selling price (they did NOT reduce dealers cost so don't expect the same level of discounts as before).

But the they also have some incentives on the prior 23mph "10" series with bench seat and the original "00" series with bucket seats,
We have one 4400NT narrow track in stock, it has been disconinued and can be bought at a good discount as well. The NT was popular for trail riding and I think it will be missed as a model. The ride is excellent on all models.

What surprised me with the 4420s new higher top speed, was that we also got a quicker off the line response, so it seems they have added range to both ends of the already quite versitile sealed CVT. (Yes, we drag raced an 10 series against the new 20 series, notable difference! gave the 4410 a full length at the line and the 4420 was two length ahead in 100ft. both with same 20HP honda power.

/ Land Pride Treker 4420 series #6  
Did Land Pride drop the UTVs?
Treker.jpg

My Treker that have had for about eight years and has been a good work horse in the mountains of Western North Carolina.

/ Land Pride Treker 4420 series #7  
Gravley bought Treker from Land Pride. We have one and it works well for us.

/ Land Pride Treker 4420 series #8  
Gravley bought Treker from Land Pride. We have one and it works well for us.
massy,
Thanks for the info.
Utility Vehicles
Hopefully I can get parts from them for my eight year old Treker which luckily has not needed any parts.:thumbsup:

/ Land Pride Treker 4420 series #9  
massy,
Thanks for the info.
Utility Vehicles
Hopefully I can get parts from them for my eight year old Treker which luckily has not needed any parts.:thumbsup:

Landpride did sell the Trekker line to Ariens, but Landpride also hooked their dealers up so they can source Trekker parts directly from Ariens. Trekker support from your selling Landpride dealer should be seamless.

/ Land Pride Treker 4420 series #10  
Is there a connection between Ariens and Gravley? The last Trecker I saw had the Gravley name on it. Dealer said Gravley bought that line from Landpride.
That was a year or two ago. I can't keep up with who bought who anymore.