Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now.

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now. #1  

gordon21

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 790
XUV gas model in green w/yellow 12" rims
AT489 tires
Deluxe cab frame ( this is the curvy shaped one with the built in metal roof and overhead shelf)
Front 2" receiver (rear is standard)
Power dump bed (new list price is $749)
Two front worklights
Dome light inside cab on overhead shelf

List price with $225 freight and $75 setup fee was $11,833 The dealer took off $1133 and the final package price was $10,700

Considering that the model just got released today, I was happy with 10% off from list. I really don't expect to see many buyers getting 12-15% off list until there are literally thousands on dealers lots. 2000 units out in the field would mean only 2 per dealer.

I know TommyHPX has been concerned about the rear end strength. I will post some close up pix with a ruler as reference for the steel frame member size.

Now all I have to do is wait a week or more for it to come in. I asked my salesman to contact his regional sales mgr and make sure this order was marked "pre-sold" and not a floorplan order. He thinks it may make a difference of a few days. What do you JD dealers have to say about this??

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now. #2  
Mmmmk. Now I am going to need stories, pictures, movies, more pictures, and finally more movies. Ok ?? And fast I need them fast!!

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now. #3  
yea we need some pictures.lol i hope it holds up. i'm gonna go for another solid rearend hpx. but it's good to hear they finally being sold and your getting one.

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now.
Has anyone received a new XUV yet?? Another post mentioned dealers were expecting floor stock models by the 14th. Pre-sold units are supposed to ship faster.

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now. #5  
I was talking to my dealer this morning about them. She looked on the computer and they had shipped last week, so she thought she would have some in this afternoon. I did not ask how many were coming, but she ordered ten. JC

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now. #6  
My Gator is pretty much ready. I am planning to go down Monday and select which one I would like. I am torn between the gasoline and diesel this time, my dealer has gotten four in so far and he is awaiting my drive there. He does a great job modifying them, so I will probably do like last time and go with the winch, dump bed and maybe some aftermarket wheels and tires. I have not seen it in person yet, but they are there and ready to be looked at. My dealer said the diesel one was louder than last year's but seemed pretty strong and the gas one was his favorite of the two.

John M

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now.
JCMSEVEN: The XUV can come with 12" rims and AT489 tires as standard equipment (instead of all purpose tires). There should be no need to spend a dime on tires or rims. If it still came with the old 10" rims, that would be a different story. That is one good selling point of the XUV. Far less money to spend on aftermarket accessories once you bring it home. Plus the 12" rims will already be painted yellow.

Where is your dealer that already has four on the lot?

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now. #8  
Lewis,

I have thought the same thing and might not go as flashy this time. My friend is mainly doing for added "eye appeal" . We usually try to do a parade or two (he does) and there apparently is a market for customized Gators, as he has sold several. He (and I) firmly believe that his customization of my last Gator, an '05 diesel, is the reason JD is putting out the Gator with more options and larger wheels and tires stock. At the time he was finishing my last one, his regional rep came by and was so impressed with the look of the machine, he took a number of pictures which he shared with his boss, etc. Soon thereafter, some word came back that JD was looking at a more aggressive wheel and tire combo, and in Florida this year, there apparently was one Gator there that looked suspiciously like the one my friend did for me. His rep said that the photos had impressed the planners and they are looking to extensively expand both functional and cosmetic options for 2007. I would not be surprised to see a long list of shinier components coming out in the future, from the factory.

John M

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now. #9  
Should have mine Tuesday (3/06/07) if all goes well.

I'm getting the trail XUV woohoo~! :D

/ Ordered my XUV today!!!!! I'm a happy camper now. #10  
Skipholiday said:
Should have mine Tuesday (3/06/07) if all goes well.

I'm getting the trail XUV woohoo~! :D

GOOD for YOU!!!!! Life would be boring if we didn't have a ew toys...