Seats on RTV

/ Seats on RTV #1  

Old Coot

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 3130 --- RTV900--- Yamaha Big Bear 4X4--BX2660
I noticed that I have a couple of one inch or so tears or cracks in the seat edge on my Kubota RTV. Anyone else having this problem. :(

/ Seats on RTV #2  
Old Coot said:
I noticed that I have a couple of one inch or so tears or cracks in the seat edge on my Kubota RTV. Anyone else having this problem. :(

Yes, I have around 500 hours on mine and several large cracks have appeared on the drivers side. I had the habit of putting my hand on the seat to help me jump in and out from the passenger side and I think that may have caused the problem. I don't see an easy fix now that they have grown so much you can see down into the foam padding.

/ Seats on RTV #3  
I am ok, are you parking it under cover? Or not?

Curious.

-Mike Z.

/ Seats on RTV
avorancher said:
Yes, I have around 500 hours on mine and several large cracks have appeared on the drivers side. I had the habit of putting my hand on the seat to help me jump in and out from the passenger side and I think that may have caused the problem. I don't see an easy fix now that they have grown so much you can see down into the foam padding.

I have two cracks and they are on the left side and you can see the foam.
It is kept inside and it has never set out over night. I think I have less then 300 hours on it.:(

/ Seats on RTV #5  
I keep mine inside at night also, but it does spend a lot of time in the sun. It has never been in freezing temperatures.

My tractor (B7800) seat also cracked badly. Replacements were so pricey that I had someone make me a slip cover for it.

/ Seats on RTV #6  
Get some stuff called Liquid Vinyl Patch or LVP. Best fix I've found; I use it on my snowmobile seats.

/ Seats on RTV #7  
Cabellas has a couple of different seat covers made for the RTV. Sorry, I don't know how to do links but they are in Cabellas UTV accessory section.

/ Seats on RTV #8  
Had the same problem on mine and they replaced them under warranty. IMHO I believe my seats ( as well as many others ) were sun damaged even before the vehicle was assembled. Based this on looking at how the unassembled units are packed with the seats sides exposed in the shipping crates. The ones stored on top of stacks of 3 got the most sun and the most damage. Also think the plastic is either poorly made or not UV stabilized and will stiffen and crack with exposure. Covers are the way to go. :mad: