RTV 1100 hydraulic?

/ RTV 1100 hydraulic? #11  
BobH said:
After a weekend of charging batteries, pumping up tires and trying to get a bunch of seldom used equipment running I'm thinking about a small, around 5cfm air compressor and a 2000watt generator. Hydraulic motors driving them are small and usually trouble free so tucking them in somewhere on an RTV might be possible. Getting the generator running to run the air compressor to pump up the tractor tire to load the generator in the truck to go and charge the excavator batteries got real tired this weekend. That and sitting in the cold plowing snow has got me looking at an RTV. Mike, I see your not too far from me. Do you have an RTV?

Hi Bob,

I have an RTV1100 on order from Emerichs in Ballston Spa. Kevin, the owner, is great to deal with. I have purchased quite a bit of equipment from them and give them high marks. I know it is the way it is supposed to be, but when I go there people actually smile and behave like they are glad I'm there. I guess it's just nice to go into a place of business where the staff doesn't act like you are bothering them.

I put the deposit down about 3 months ago and just waiting to get the call that it's in. If you are in the market for an RTV and want a cab I believe the RTV1100 is worth the wait. This will be my first utility vehicle.

As far as info on implements etc. I think most of us expect that they will be the same, or very similar to the attachments that are available for the RTV900. So I think people are relying on the printed info and web info that has been around for a while for the RTV900.

There is a pamphlet available for the RTV1100 (I have had one since December). The info in the pamphet is identical to the info on the link I sent you earlier.

/ RTV 1100 hydraulic?
Thanks for the info folks. I am waiting until I see a 1100 to decide what to buy but investigating the ability to add on or modify to suit my application ahead of time seems like a good idea. Just out of curiosity, where are the RTVs made. With this "world economy" the could come from Georgia for all you know. Bob

/ RTV 1100 hydraulic? #13  
BobH said:
Thanks for the info folks. I am waiting until I see a 1100 to decide what to buy but investigating the ability to add on or modify to suit my application ahead of time seems like a good idea. Just out of curiosity, where are the RTVs made. With this "world economy" the could come from Georgia for all you know. Bob

Funny you should say that because Kubota just completed a huge expansion of it's Gainesville plant in Georgia specifically for the RTV1100. It includes a multi-million dollar state of the art painting facilty for the RTV1100. You can read all about it in the press release portion of Kubota's website.

/ RTV 1100 hydraulic?
Picked that state out of the blue. Funny, my New Holland came from Georgia too.

/ RTV 1100 hydraulic? #16  
to run the RTV hydraulics constantly you do need to have the utility valve package which includes a hydraulic cooler. There is nothing to disapate the heat (besides the monster transmission case) in the worksite / rec RTV models.

/ RTV 1100 hydraulic?
That sort of gets back to my original question, is a utility hydraulic circuit standard, an option or not available at all. Does the same snowplow fit the 1100 as the 900. The best the two local dealers I've talked to can do is "I think so" or "it should". I had intentions of buying an RTV of one model or the other a few weeks ago, pre ordering was no problem, but I need solid information to base my decision on. For you dealers out there, is this information out there and maybe I should be shopping with someone more informed or are these guys giving me the best there is? Bob

/ RTV 1100 hydraulic? #18  
BobH said:
That sort of gets back to my original question, is a utility hydraulic circuit standard, an option or not available at all. Does the same snowplow fit the 1100 as the 900. The best the two local dealers I've talked to can do is "I think so" or "it should". I had intentions of buying an RTV of one model or the other a few weeks ago, pre ordering was no problem, but I need solid information to base my decision on. For you dealers out there, is this information out there and maybe I should be shopping with someone more informed or are these guys giving me the best there is? Bob

I ordered the worksite ultility model which comes standard with the hydraulic dump bed etc. I believe this model comes with the most bells and whistles standard. I understand your frustration as to the lack of information out there, Kubota's own website has nothing. In any case, the RTV1100 should be here in a few weeks at which time all the info should be available.

Last edited:
   / RTV 1100 hydraulic? #19  
Kubota has not released snow plow info for the 1100 yet, I'm going to give you the same "it should". We're being told that most of the accessories will be the same.

I've not seen a utility valve version of the 1100 yet, for now I think thats only available on the 900.

/ RTV 1100 hydraulic? #20  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Kubota has not released snow plow info for the 1100 yet, I'm going to give you the same "it should". We're being told that most of the accessories will be the same.

I've not seen a utility valve version of the 1100 yet, for now I think thats only available on the 900.

I don't understand this...how do you use a snowplow w/o hydraulic? Don't you have to use the hydraulics off the dump bed of a 900 for the snowplow? Why would the 1100 be any different? My pamphet shows that the hyraulic dump is standard for the 1100.

Virtually all of the accessories for the 900 run off the rear remotes; post hole digger, pruner, water pump etc. What accessories would be available for the 1100 if it doesn't have the remotes?

To be sure, if my model does not have remotes looks like I'll be adding that as an option.

Last edited: