whats a good price for used 06 gator?

/ whats a good price for used 06 gator? #1  

kjm3232

Silver Member
Tractor
power-trac 1430
My wife and I found someone selling a used 06 gas HPX gator with 46 hours on it. He's asking for $7500 for it. We will be trying to talk him down. What would be a good price for this gator. It is very basic. The only option he may have on it is the power lift bed but we dont know for sure

/ whats a good price for used 06 gator? #2  
I traded in my 06 hpx trail gator and got $7400 for it. The only option it had was a rear hitch. I'm sure my dealer will sell it for $7500 and it had about 75 hours on it. I think the power lift was about a $700 option. JC

/ whats a good price for used 06 gator? #3  
Actually I'm pretty sure the lift was a grand back then. They lowered it this year for the XUV to $750 or w/e it is.

/ whats a good price for used 06 gator? #4  
I just traded an 06 HPX for a 07 XUV. I received $8189 for my 06. The list on a new 07 HPX is $8495 but mine did have a few options on it. I had the bed lift (which was a $1001 option in 06), bed liner, floor mat, horn, rear hitch (standard on 07) and the deluxe light kit which gives you tail lights, brake lights, turn signals and 4 way flashers. My XUV has those options plus I added a few others. It had 44 hours.

A 07 HPX will list for $8495 but if you were buying it outright the dealer should give you about a 10% discount (there is less of a markup on gators vs compact tractors). That would put a brand new HPX gator at about $7650. I would think you could do a little better than $7500.

The dealer probably has a pretty good amount in the HPX from a XUV trade. If that 06 HPX is stripped down, you can do better. If it has the lift, then that is probably a fair price. The 07 lift was reduced in price to somewhere the $750 range so that would put the list on a new 07 HPX at around $9250 with a discounted price in the neighborhood of $8350.

/ whats a good price for used 06 gator? #5  
RollTideRam said:
I traded in my 06 hpx trail gator and got $7400 for it. The only option it had was a rear hitch. I'm sure my dealer will sell it for $7500 and it had about 75 hours on it. I think the power lift was about a $700 option. JC
Yours is gone JC. :)

/ whats a good price for used 06 gator? #6  
I meant to look, when I carried my xuv back Thursday afternoon. Dee (dealer)told me, and I believe her, she tries to make $100 off of trade ins. JC