Bronze Member
    Tractor
    power-trac 1430

Default whats a good price for used 06 gator?

My wife and I found someone selling a used 06 gas HPX gator with 46 hours on it. He's asking for $7500 for it. We will be trying to talk him down. What would be a good price for this gator. It is very basic. The only option he may have on it is the power lift bed but we dont know for sure

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 2520

Default Re: whats a good price for used 06 gator?

I traded in my 06 hpx trail gator and got $7400 for it. The only option it had was a rear hitch. I'm sure my dealer will sell it for $7500 and it had about 75 hours on it. I think the power lift was about a $700 option. JC
    JD 3320 LX5, KK rake and off brand box and rear blade. Millonzi grapple. Deere X495 for grass cutting.
    01 Ram 4x4 2500 CTD and 22' 12k trailer. Want a tiller and dump trailer.

Platinum Member

Actually I'm pretty sure the lift was a grand back then. They lowered it this year for the XUV to $750 or w/e it is.

Silver Member

I just traded an 06 HPX for a 07 XUV. I received $8189 for my 06. The list on a new 07 HPX is $8495 but mine did have a few options on it. I had the bed lift (which was a $1001 option in 06), bed liner, floor mat, horn, rear hitch (standard on 07) and the deluxe light kit which gives you tail lights, brake lights, turn signals and 4 way flashers. My XUV has those options plus I added a few others. It had 44 hours.

A 07 HPX will list for $8495 but if you were buying it outright the dealer should give you about a 10% discount (there is less of a markup on gators vs compact tractors). That would put a brand new HPX gator at about $7650. I would think you could do a little better than $7500.

The dealer probably has a pretty good amount in the HPX from a XUV trade. If that 06 HPX is stripped down, you can do better. If it has the lift, then that is probably a fair price. The 07 lift was reduced in price to somewhere the $750 range so that would put the list on a new 07 HPX at around $9250 with a discounted price in the neighborhood of $8350.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2520 John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideRam
    I traded in my 06 hpx trail gator and got $7400 for it. The only option it had was a rear hitch. I'm sure my dealer will sell it for $7500 and it had about 75 hours on it. I think the power lift was about a $700 option. JC
    Yours is gone JC.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 2520

I meant to look, when I carried my xuv back Thursday afternoon. Dee (dealer)told me, and I believe her, she tries to make $100 off of trade ins. JC
    JD 3320 LX5, KK rake and off brand box and rear blade. Millonzi grapple. Deere X495 for grass cutting.
    01 Ram 4x4 2500 CTD and 22' 12k trailer. Want a tiller and dump trailer.