How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #41  
i second that about the john deere service they are very fast on fixing anything but the problem is nuthing ever broke other than one time right after i got it they had a defective part on the carb. but the rtv going up hills and stuff if you have the hand throttle setup and the tires that rtv i think will out climb and out power alot of utvs .and i seen pictures and videos of the rtv riding in the swamps down here with water even with if not over the hood so with the rtv setup right it's a very capable machine .never underestimate the slow turtle. he might be slow but he's got some grunt under that hood.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #42  
a37b said:
I have a friend that has a 07 rtv and cant even begin to go the places my xuv can go.
Hey Dargo I read somewhere that you have had trouble with kubota service and warranty. John Deere service and warranty is second to none. I think that alone is worth alot.
We were both hauling loads of sand over uneven ground and the 1100 rtv was stuck every place we went.
The rtv was much more top heavy than the xuv on sidehills. I have the full glass cab on my xuv and I wouldnt trade it for anything.
The rtv is great on flat ground.

Man, have I ever had some issues with Kubota being totally non-responsive. It cost them my business on my last tractor purchase. Fortunately the issues with the RTV1100 are more cosmetic, but it still ticks me off. I'm yet to have any issue with JD taking care of any issue that may have come up. They've gone above and beyond as far as I'm concerned.

Still, being that big of a JD fan, I'm just not seeing an RTV1100 stuck "everyplace" an XUV went. Sorry, but after using both, I'm just not buying that one unless the RTV had turf tires. Even with relatively mild Maxxis BigHorns on my RTV, I've never been stuck. You may have seen a picture of how I loaded my RTV900. I'd like to see an XUV haul and dump several hundred loads weighing between 2000 and 2500 pounds without any trouble or issue.

Like I said, different strokes for different folks. For straight heavy work I had to go with the RTV. Besides, a glass cab without A/C is just a greenhouse where I live. JD has completely missed the mark by not having A/C available in my opinion. I may feel differently if I lived in Alaska, but I don't. I'd love to visit there though....but that's a different conversation. :D

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #43  
Did you get your money back???

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #44  
To be honest, I am not happy with my xuv. I only have about nine hours on it, and would like to get my money back. I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say. It just has to many rattles, squeaks and frontend noises for a $10k machine. I know part of the problem is me, I could ride around the yard on a cheap used golf cart. But for the money I spent, I expected a better quality machine. JC

Sorry folks,

Rolltide, what ever happened with your machine and did you get your money back??

George

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #45  
i second that about the john deere service they are very fast on fixing anything but the problem is nuthing ever broke other than one time right after i got it they had a defective part on the carb. but the rtv going up hills and stuff if you have the hand throttle setup and the tires that rtv i think will out climb and out power alot of utvs .and i seen pictures and videos of the rtv riding in the swamps down here with water even with if not over the hood so with the rtv setup right it's a very capable machine .never underestimate the slow turtle. he might be slow but he's got some grunt under that hood.

I love the JD service but I had to go with the Ranger Crew. I do miss my HPX when I am doing 3 point turns.

D.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #46  
Man, have I ever had some issues with Kubota being totally non-responsive. It cost them my business on my last tractor purchase. Fortunately the issues with the RTV1100 are more cosmetic, but it still ticks me off. I'm yet to have any issue with JD taking care of any issue that may have come up. They've gone above and beyond as far as I'm concerned.

Still, being that big of a JD fan, I'm just not seeing an RTV1100 stuck "everyplace" an XUV went. Sorry, but after using both, I'm just not buying that one unless the RTV had turf tires. Even with relatively mild Maxxis BigHorns on my RTV, I've never been stuck. You may have seen a picture of how I loaded my RTV900. I'd like to see an XUV haul and dump several hundred loads weighing between 2000 and 2500 pounds without any trouble or issue.

Like I said, different strokes for different folks. For straight heavy work I had to go with the RTV. Besides, a glass cab without A/C is just a greenhouse where I live. JD has completely missed the mark by not having A/C available in my opinion. I may feel differently if I lived in Alaska, but I don't. I'd love to visit there though....but that's a different conversation. :D

AC or having more seats. 2 seats only is tough.

D.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #47  
I bought an XUV 550 18 months ago and use it on our 5 acre ranch for tools etc, no heavy lifting. A week ago it was difficult to start and limped into the barn.
John Deere came out, picked it up and diagnosis is 2 blow head gaskets. It has 92 hours on it. Out of warranty according to John Deere.
I am waiting for John Deere to decide what they will do.
The cost will be close to $1200.
Be cautious and I am a very committed John Deere consumer but this is troubling!!!!
Tom