How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #1  

matthew3120

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 John Deere 4120 4WD 12/12 Power revser
Well After getting in trouble for driving my John deere 3120 on the Highway am going to go to the credit union tomarrow to hopefully get a loan to play off my tractor so I can trade it in on the new John Deere Gator XUV With all the little goodies on it.I priced it at $18,680.00 with everything. My question is how do you like you New Gator XUV. What do you not like about and what you do like about it. I do work at a John Deere dealership but its hard to to tell if you like it when drive from the lot to the shop area. So I would appericate any information on the Gator XUV. It is hard selling my tractor but if i can't drive it 10 blocks down the highway and can't take it off my property it does not pay to have it that was the whole reason I got the tractor and because I like the 3X20 line of tractors.I had alot of jobs line up to do but that never going to happen. Sorry for going like this but I am pretty mad at the state trooper for stoping me and I hope I can get this Gator in about month which would be nice and not make fell so bad.

Matthew3120

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #2  
Could you not get a trailer to haul the tractor on? Did you check into the laws concerning driving farm equipment on public roads? In most states all that is required is an SMV triangle. Wow, $18,680 for a UTV. How much stuff can you get on an XUV?

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #3  
In new hampshire there would be no way in the world to get a XUV on the road. $10 gets you license plate for a tractor though. As long as your not on the highways all's good. Are you sure there are no other options?

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #4  
The XUV's are pretty jazzy! I've only got 9 hrs on mine, but it is very nice. I wish I could get another 5-10 mph out of it for running up and down the road, but other than that, no real complaints.

If you are going to be on the roads a lot, look into the deluxe light kit. It is very practical, and the hazards on both front and back will help with the local officer hopefully!

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #5  
Did you check into the laws concerning driving farm equipment on public roads? In most states all that is required is an SMV triangle.

Yeah it seems pretty odd that you can't drive a tractor on the roads... As long as you aren't using it to pick up groceries you should be fine. A cop has seen me drive my gator with no lights, no triangle, no plates or anything and just waved. I've also seen tractors on highways with no problems. Of course this is Iowa.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #6  
To be honest, I am not happy with my xuv. I only have about nine hours on it, and would like to get my money back. I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say. It just has to many rattles, squeaks and frontend noises for a $10k machine. I know part of the problem is me, I could ride around the yard on a cheap used golf cart. But for the money I spent, I expected a better quality machine. JC

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #7  
almost 19,000,00 for a xuv man and did you say you work at the dealership? is that with a discount? and if they don't let you ride a tractor on the road they sure won't let your ride the xuv on the road. i would check into that driving on the road thing before buying one. but i say thats way to much money for that machine.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #8  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
almost 19,000,00 for a xuv man and did you say you work at the dealership? is that with a discount? and if they don't let you ride a tractor on the road they sure won't let your ride the xuv on the road. i would check into that driving on the road thing before buying one. but i say thats way to much money for that machine.

Yeah +1

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #9  
Matthew3120: Are you getting TWO Gators for that price??? In order to get to that totall $$, you would have to buy a diesel gator at list price with every possible option offered including JD winch, glass cab, rear strobe light, sun visors, seat covers, etc. Since you work at a dealer, it would be safe to assume you can get far more than 10% off list like the rest of us.

Mine had a bunch of options including hydraulic dump and was just over $10K.

/ How do you like your new John Deere Gator XUV #10  
For that kind of money you can get a loaded up Kubota 900 and I can tell you, there is ALOT of difference between the two of them. I'm not here to start a brand war, believe me, but at least you should look at a Kubota. Even if you look at their web site, they do a comparison with the "big 3", that being Polaris, JD, and Kubota.