Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ??

/ Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ?? #1  

WestshoreConstruction

Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the T380 comin out ? I hear over 100hp, over 40gpm, steel track option, new cab etc. Doosan engine.

/ Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ?? #2  
Only thing I could get out of my local BC guy was it was very hard to get more than 100 hp in a small frame. He said 99 HP, steel track option and the best visibility out of a skid steer he has ever seen...

/ Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ?? #3  
i would look for the cooling system...over 100hp would be great for running a mulcher but my question would be how do you keep that machine cool? especially as you said in a "small" frame

/ Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ??
i would look for the cooling system...over 100hp would be great for running a mulcher but my question would be how do you keep that machine cool? especially as you said in a "small" frame

I have run my S330 and my T320 in 30+ weather and not had a problem with heat as of yet but not sure it may be a problem, here's a pic of a Bobcat with steel tracks looks like a T300/320 or something.

Attachments

• Machine_04.jpg
    Machine_04.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 744
   / Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ?? #5  
if you are using it for dirt work then you don't have much of a problem with heat...are you mulching with it? that tends to overheat them

/ Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ?? #6  
Two things. If they don't go over 100 h.p. they are just catching up and I doubt they turned the motor. Over 100h.p. would be better and turn the motor. Direct drive.
And yes if they don't unstack the radiators they will continue to overheat. I think Cat learned there lesson on the radiators.
I wouldn't even be above adding a aux radiator to anything mulching. My .02cents

if you are using it for dirt work then you don't have much of a problem with heat...are you mulching with it? that tends to overheat them

Yes Mulching allot. It hasn't made it to the red on the gauge with the debris screen covered with leaves it climbs a bit but I have yet to overheat. Both the 320 and the 330 with either mulcher and my brush cutter. The 330's pump (injection) is tweaked a bit too which surprises me. I heard they did turn the motor around.

Two things. If they don't go over 100 h.p. they are just catching up and I doubt they turned the motor. Over 100h.p. would be better and turn the motor. Direct drive.
And yes if they don't unstack the radiators they will continue to overheat. I think Cat learned there lesson on the radiators.
I wouldn't even be above adding a aux radiator to anything mulching. My .02cents

I dunno Robbie they are at 92 net right now, when me and Gilles set up my 180 according to the length of the screw for the displacement the cutter was getting 39gpm at the head so for a advertised 37 and a actual 39 I would say thats not too bad. I'm not trying to start a Pi$$ing match they are all good when they run and make you money. Different strokes for different folks.

/ Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ?? #9  
I'm not knocking Bobcat at all. I use you as an example alot that properly setup they run great. I would like to mount our low flow on a S220 and see what I can do.
39gpm ain't to shabby. I think several skid steer could be turned up a very little and benefit from it. Look at ASV. It sounds like what they did. Several people on here had already done that.
Well Bobcat at 92 matches Cat. They still could blow it out of the park with a 110-115 h.p. unit.

/ Bobcat T380 ??Anyone with info ?? #10  
i also was not tying to knock bobcat at all...they are in my top 3 for skid steers...i have spent time in the 300's and they are very nice machines...i also think highly of the cat machines...both companies have done it right for a long time...if bobcat did come out with 115hp or so it would be a big step in narrowing the gap between the production machines from the factories and the hopped up machines from supertrack...like robbie said more power and more cooling are both a plus...you can never have too much of either! :cool: