/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
Fecon...? Like the new Deere unit?

Thanks for any info.

AKfish

/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #2  
Correct,Fecon makes them for bobcat also.
I've looked at both in the past 3 weeks.
When you find a machine to keep the hyd. cool let me know.

/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #3  
I found one!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    644.5 KB · Views: 544
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 431
   / Who makes the Bobcat mulching head?
Impressive machine... guessing - $180K?

Briefly noticed on the Bobcat website that they offer a "water-cooling" option? Haven't got any details but it might be a way they've tackled the heat issue for the mulcher head.

Thanks.

AKfish

/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #5  
You are guessing WAY HIGH! I only paid $160k when it was new. A man could get her for a song now, and I will play the piano. Even as we speak Fecon is shipping more upgrades out to NM to make it an even better mulcher. There has been a problem on a few of the machines final dives so every single one of them is getting two new bigger and stronger finals.

/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #6  
Impressive machine... guessing - $180K?

Briefly noticed on the Bobcat website that they offer a "water-cooling" option? Haven't got any details but it might be a way they've tackled the heat issue for the mulcher head.

Thanks.

AKfish

what are you overheating and with what branded attachment?

/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #7  
A man could get her for a song now, and I will play the piano.

Great! Do you know how to play "SHUT UP!"? It's what everybody asks for as soon as I start to sing!

jb

/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #8  
Great! Do you know how to play "SHUT UP!"? It's what everybody asks for as soon as I start to sing!

I get the same request every time I play!

/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #9  
Has anyone had trouble with the drum on a Bobcat mulching head splitting the drum? It has happened to me twice and the Bobcat rep says no one in SC has had this problem but me! Has anyone used after market planer teeth on the mulching head?

/ Who makes the Bobcat mulching head? #10  
Has anyone had trouble with the drum on a Bobcat mulching head splitting the drum? It has happened to me twice and the Bobcat rep says no one in SC has had this problem but me! Has anyone used after market planer teeth on the mulching head?

I know that Fecon increased the drum thickness to 1/2" on their heads for a reason. I'd check the thickness of yours and press the issue.