Bobcat 753 hydraulic oil suddenly low?

/ Bobcat 753 hydraulic oil suddenly low? #21  
Good video, it's half good news the case wasn't overfull so you know you dont have that problem but now you have another problem because it wasn't full. Any of the wheels dirty and greasy on the inside?

Any hydraulic oil will be fine for the chaincase, but you need a good quality oil with anti-foam additives for the hydraulics. Bobcat oil is great (but they dont make it) but just as good oil can be had alot less expensive, look for tractor/transmission hydraulic.

Back to the task at hand, I'd nearly be willing to bet the right side cavity under the control valve is standing in oil and your very small drain hole is plugged allowing it to just drip out slowly is why it's leaving a puddle everywhere it goes.

No more advice to give other than what you already heard, pressure wash it if possible make sure the belly pan area is clean and drain not stopped up. Put some oil in it and run it for a while and check for leaks. Looks like you found one with the hose in the video but make sure it's not coming from that small filter and just running down the hose. I dont think that will be the major leak. Get your hand down to the underside of the control valve, likely it will come back wet, the spool seals are prone to leaking.

Let us know what you find.

/ Bobcat 753 hydraulic oil suddenly low?
Well, I found the oil. I can't believe I missed it before.

Its all down at the bottom of the machine. I'm not exactly sure how much, but it appears that SOMETHING (whether it be the chain case, or the hydraulic leak) is leaking into here. I got under the machine and dug at the drain holes with a screwdriver and pulled out a lot of oily dirt, but it appears there is a lot more because nothing started draining out a lot faster.

Sorry if its hard to see the oil in the pictures. I stuck a jack handle down into there to make sure it wasn't just water, and it is for sure oil.

SN850866.jpg

SN850869.jpg

SN850870.jpg

/ Bobcat 753 hydraulic oil suddenly low? #23  
I've had a similar problem with my 753 and after fitting new seal kit to drive motor due to oil leaking from breather hole on motor hoped all would be ok. oil squirted out under extreme pressure from breather hole when I tried to move machine. Have checked filter on return line and this seems ok so next I will remove the hex head bolts above and below breather hole and see if there is a problem with the valves. Does anyone have any other ideas why oil would spurt from breather hole

Last edited: