Any experiences with Bobcat S175

/ Any experiences with Bobcat S175 #1  

GATC35

Gold Member
Fayetteville, Georgia now should be GATC45
Tractor
New Holland TC-45D
Any experiences with bobcat S175. The good...the bad...The ugly?

What to look for in a used machine with 900 hrs on it.

Any input is appreciated.

It would mainly be used to run a 60in brushcutter, and a 66in brush grapple. Maybe some dirt moving with a 66 in toothed bucket.

Thanks.....

/ Any experiences with Bobcat S175 #2  
The S175 is a great entry level mid sized machine with vertical lift. Vertical lift path is handy once you have it on a skid steer. Flow is about 17 gpm and near the lower end of running a brushcutter but should be ok. These have been around a while and no major flaws that I am aware of. Kind of the replacement for the 773 which was a good machine. I like to buy machines around 800-1200 hours. Lots of life left in them and you can find some very good deals on used skid steers.

/ Any experiences with Bobcat S175 #3  
Any experiences with bobcat S175. The good...the bad...The ugly?

What to look for in a used machine with 900 hrs on it.

Any input is appreciated.

It would mainly be used to run a 60in brushcutter, and a 66in brush grapple. Maybe some dirt moving with a 66 in toothed bucket.

Thanks.....

If you want to run a brush cutter I would suggest a S205 or something in that area, I had one with high flow and it ran the cutter fine, they can lift a fair bit and are not bad on fuel, pretty good actually.

/ Any experiences with Bobcat S175 #4  
175 is a nice machine,the bad is 46hp and 16gpm is barley enough to run a 60" brushcutter,it will do it,but your maxed out,and may have to run slower than you want at times.The 185 has 10 more hp,but same hydro flow.I agree in that you may want a S205 or 220 ,the weight of most 60" brush cutters is close to the max lift cap of your machine,a 66"grapple will weigh 700-800 lbs,1/2 your lift capacity right there..keep that in mind.
I have a cat 246,and its a beast 22gpm and 80-hp,I have gotten spoiled by the hp.

/ Any experiences with Bobcat S175
Thanks for the replies.

I wound up buying a T-190 at an auction last week. Machine has just over 1000 hours on it. Tracks are in good shape, pins and bushings tight, does not creep, seat brand new, hydraulics strong, no engine blow by. It has several small issues. Linkage at the left foot pedal is seized at pivot under the seat. I have already aquired the parts to fix that, $43.00. One of the bob tack release handles will barely move, plan to disassemble that tomorrow. Also plan to do all filters and fluids next week.

/ Any experiences with Bobcat S175 #6  
T190 is certainly a step up from the S175. You will like it a lot!!!! Not too big to haul.

/ Any experiences with Bobcat S175 #7  
If you want to run a brush cutter I would suggest a S205 or something in that area, I had one with high flow and it ran the cutter fine, they can lift a fair bit and are not bad on fuel, pretty good actually.

I own a bobcat s205 machine and the s175 couldnt come close to keeping up with it.. The flaws to an s175 is it has 46hp.. The s205 has a lot of power for a small frame machine. being able to lift over 2000 lbs roc and having now what there saying 66hp