skid steers: Bobcat S220, Cat 262B?

/ skid steers: Bobcat S220, Cat 262B? #1  

Ken45101

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M5040, M9540, B21 TLB, B2710, RTV900, JD 325 Skid steer, KX-121-3 mini excavator
I'm considering buying a used skid steer. General around the farm work, clearing trails, etc.

One problem I have is that I need hand controls. I have a back problem and no control of my left foot, so normal foot controls don't work well for me.

I've looked at a Bobcat S220 (1200 hours). There is also a Cat 262B on Craigslist (2000 hours). Any thoughts or comparisons of these two?

Other machines that I ought to consider?

Thanks,
Ken

/ skid steers: Bobcat S220, Cat 262B? #2  
You might like the control better in the s220 depending on the year and software updates. the b series CAT's pilots are very sensitive.

/ skid steers: Bobcat S220, Cat 262B? #3  
I would probably go with the Bobcat out of those two.

I run a 236b with pilot control a couple a winters ago and it was the biggest peice of excrement I have every run as far as skidloaders go.

/ skid steers: Bobcat S220, Cat 262B?
Both are 2005.

Thanks for the insight. Is the sensitivity something one can get used to?

I also heard about a 2002 JD260 with hand controls that will be available although his price seems on the high side.

/ skid steers: Bobcat S220, Cat 262B? #5  
Both are 2005.

Thanks for the insight. Is the sensitivity something one can get used to?

I also heard about a 2002 JD260 with hand controls that will be available although his price seems on the high side.

I have a JD skidloader and think you can't beat them

But I dont like there hand control pattern (it is like a Case)

Is the sensitivity something one can get used to?

No, not in the Cat anyway

/ skid steers: Bobcat S220, Cat 262B? #6  
Before I got the Kubota I have I rented several different models - I would suggest that you call around - then visit rental shops and rent a skidsteer that would meet your needs - use it for a day or so and then make a choice...Renting allows you to make a $250.00 test run before you spend the cash.

/ skid steers: Bobcat S220, Cat 262B? #7  
Before I got the Kubota I have I rented several different models - I would suggest that you call around - then visit rental shops and rent a skidsteer that would meet your needs - use it for a day or so and then make a choice...Renting allows you to make a $250.00 test run before you spend the cash.

Yeah, rent one. Wow, I usually write a lot more than this.