Bobcat 753 shutting down

/ Bobcat 753 shutting down #1  

milkman1371

I am borrowing a BOBCAT 753 series that I use frequently and I am in the middle of a water garden install and problems!!

I am NOT a Bobcat mechanic first off but I pretty good mechanically!

been running the 'cat for 3 days with no problems as usual. THEN poof she dies.

Had to prime the ball and she started back up for 2 minutes or so then quit again...

I replace the fuel filter and I get about an hour of use our of it again then POOF she quits!! I CAN ALWAYS GET IT RESTARTED BY PRIMING THE BALL BUT IT only RUNS A SHORT TIME. I Just dont want to keep replacing fuel filters.. I would like to fix it before I give it back and finish my job!

What gives? Does this sound like I have crap floating around in the tank?? and it is plugging up the fuel filters rapidly?

HOW DO I DRAIN THE TANK? I hate to call out the local Bobcat service if I dont have to !!

Thanks!

/ Bobcat 753 shutting down #2  
Sounds more like a bad fuel line letting air in and loosing the prime. Or fuel pump issues, not sure if that one uses a lift pump arrangement or not.

/ Bobcat 753 shutting down #3  
What error codes do you have?

There should be a small manual in a plastic pouch mouted on the aft wall next to the seat. It will show you the error codes.

To get codes push and hold the headlight on/off switch.

/ Bobcat 753 shutting down #4  
This drove me nuts on my 753. Sometimes if cool it would run for 8-10 minutes before first shutdown, then 30 secs to 5 minutes max after it was warmed up a bit. Finally called out the service guys who came 3 times in one day to finally replace wire chafing and sensor problems under the seat for the traction lock. We had hydraulic warning lights at the time' It has run like a champ ever since. Call the guys out and feed them lunch. They'll eventually find it.

/ Bobcat 753 shutting down #5  
I had trouble a while back with my 773 bobcat, the fuel cap vent was pluggged with dirt and would not let air in, I was a long ways from an air compressor, so i put the fuel cap in a gallon zip lock bag filled half full of hot water and just shook it , i was amazed how much dirt and crap came out of the holes and how dirty the water in the bag was afterwards. My bocat has alot more power now and is not sluggish as before.

/ Bobcat 753 shutting down #6  
I have a Bobcat 753 that abruptly shutdown. When I turn tbe key there is no elec indications.
I am unable to check the fault codes. I did check the batter and it is fully charged.

/ Bobcat 753 shutting down #7  
I have a Bobcat 753 that abruptly shutdown. When I turn tbe key there is no elec indications.
I am unable to check the fault codes. I did check the batter and it is fully charged.

Check the 100 AMP fuse located right above the battery.