BobCat B250. is this a good deal?

/ BobCat B250. is this a good deal? #1  

Dridge

There is a 2005 BobCat B250 with 680 hrs that is being sold locally. The seller wants $19,000 for it and it comes with 16", 24" & 36" Buckets and a 7x20 equipment trailer rated for 12,000 lbs. is this a good deal? I want to use it to dig out a creek bed to make a small pond and clear some brush and small trees and level some ground. But, is there a mowing attachment that will go on this as well so that i can use it to control the grass growth and mow a rather large field?

Thanks for your help,

Derek

/ BobCat B250. is this a good deal? #2  
Price wise, it does not seem bad. I have a B200 (2 wheel steer only) that I bought with 1400 hours for $12k and it was the best deal I could find at the time. The 12k trailer is probably worth $3500 although if I'm not mistaken, your rig will weigh a bit shy of 7k so it is possibly heavier than you need.

These machines are very good for moving dirt and digging holes. It is possible to add a lot of accessories to the machine that are hydraulically driven and attach at the front to the quick attachment. While there is a ton of stuff available, the industrial quality attachments tend not to come cheap. It is possible though to buy "blank" quick attach plates and add to them whatever hardware your heart desires.

You may want to seach on machinerytrader.com for EF2 EF4 and EF5 since there are still some of them out there. The EF4 and 5 are much heavier machines with far more capability and power and weighing closer to 10K.

Also consider the JCB 210S. Similar layout, 4wd 4ws same size front/rear tires. Lifts 2.5 ton, weighs about 10k.