Compact telehandler

/ Compact telehandler #71  
Re: Compact telehandler, Today's V417 Seat Time

The wind broke a large branch off of a dead oak tree by the dog pen. It landed next to a small dead tree that needs to come out.

P5250005.JPG

Had the Gorilla Grapple on, so put the middle tine against the trunk and extended the boom a little.

P5250012.JPG

P5250014.JPG

P5250016.JPG

Retracted the boom and popped the roots out.

P5250020.JPG

P5250021.JPG

Picked up the branch and the tree, took them to the burn pile.

P5250025.JPG

P5250030.JPG

Dropped them and compressed the pile. Notice that the front wheel is off the ground. :eek: :D

P5250035.JPG

/ Compact telehandler #72  
Re: Compact telehandler, Just read your threads.

Good read.

You get a lot of use out of the BobCats.

Having a cab must be nice. My only Cab is on my old excavator, and the Air conditioner is pretty useless in the sun when it's over 80F outside. running the air makes the machine oveheat if worked hard. my two tractors are open station.

Both my my tractors will lift near double what similar sized typical Ag tractors can lift and the L39 Back hoe will do a lot of smaller work with ease, so my excavator as not gotten much use.

You do not to have much in the line of boulders and rocks, ledge etc. so the digging must be easy. I guess you get along without an excavator. For my use the excavator is used mostly now for logging firewood, and the occasional 2 ton plus rock or larger stump, but when I was building , clearing and pond building, it saw hundreds of hours per year of use.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...weekend.html?highlight=busy+wife+this+weekend

/ Compact telehandler #73  
Haven't posted any pictures of my heavy duty Pin Top Forks in this thread. I bought them from a fork lift repair shop in Oklahoma city many years ago to use on the three point hitch on my tractor.

They are 42 inches long. The SSQA frame was built six years ago by GC Mfg, north of El Reno, OK. The rod is from a hydraulic cylinder. It was bent, got it from a hydraulic shop that was making hoses for me. Straightened it in my hydraulic press.

P6250001.JPG

P6250003.JPG

P6250005.JPG

P6250008.JPG

Had an old worn out floor jack, stripped it to the frame. It had a bad castor, removed it, mounted the good castor on some angle iron and put it in the middle. Cut slots in a piece of tubing, used some all thread, with small tubing and made a a fork dolly:

P6240026.JPG

P6240024.JPG

P6240023.JPG

P6240022.JPG

P6290011.JPG

P6290012.JPG

/ Compact telehandler #74  
After I got the Versahandler, I have always wanted a set of six foot long forks for it. Not needed, just wanted.

Guess what showed up almost six years later, on eBay at a price that I couldn't resist?

ff.JPG

P6240006.JPG

P6240019.JPG

P6290001.JPG

P6290006.JPG

They also fit the storage dolly :thumbsup:

P6240029.JPG

P6240030.JPG

P6240033.JPG

P6240038.JPG

/ Compact telehandler #75  
Got to use the new 6' forks on the diesel storage tank.

Pushed them to the right side of the carriage:

P8120009.JPG

P8120012.JPG

P8120016.JPG

P8120021.JPG

P8120023.JPG

P8120027.JPG

/ Compact telehandler #76  
Those long forks sure could/can come in handy!!

/ Compact telehandler #77  
Glad to see you are still at it! I would like to pester you with a couple more questions if you don't mind? I am thinking of getting a mower for my v417 and was wondering how you settled on the Tree Terminator you purchased, and you're still happy with it or if you would rather have one without the wheel out front?

I have dealers locally for a couple other brands but don't know where there is a dealer for the Tree Terminator.

Also, is there a way to lock the hydraulic power on so the mower runs all the time or do you have to hold the switch while mowing? Can't find anything on manual. I'm still having trouble understanding how a mower will work very good with no throttle.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,
Karl

/ Compact telehandler #78  
Glad to see you are still at it! I would like to pester you with a couple more questions if you don't mind? I am thinking of getting a mower for my v417 and was wondering how you settled on the Tree Terminator you purchased, and you're still happy with it or if you would rather have one without the wheel out front?

I got it because of the wheel out front. Still happy with it.:thumbsup:

Now I would look at the Brushcat: BrushcatTM Rotary Cutter Attachment - Bobcat Company

bc.jpg

I have dealers locally for a couple other brands but don't know where there is a dealer for the Tree Terminator.

This is the dealer that I used: Tree Terminator Rotary Brush and Grass Mower | Phifer Equipment Sales

Also, is there a way to lock the hydraulic power on so the mower runs all the time or do you have to hold the switch while mowing? Can't find anything on manual.

Yes, push the "AUX HYD" button on the dash, push and hold the "Aux Hyd Control" on the joystick up or down, depending on which direction you want it to rotate, push the button on the bottom of the joystick and release both.

PC220029aux.jpg

I'm still having trouble understanding how a mower will work very good with no throttle.

I don't understand it, but it works. Use work mode for heavy brush and creep mode for better ground speed control.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,
Karl

You're welcome.

Post back with what you get.

/ Compact telehandler #79  
Here is a job from last June. A large oak branch broke off and was jammed in the trees. The white arrow shows the broken end hung up in a tree. The black arrow shows where a fork of the branch is behind a tree, so the branch can't be pulled out of the woods.

P6070051.JPG

P6070060.JPG

Used the cordless reciprocal saw to cut off the small forked branch:

P6070069.JPG

Pulled out the cut off branch:

P6070075.JPG

Pulled out the big branch:

P6070078.JPG

P6070081.JPG

Picked them up and added to the pile in the ravine:

P6070086.JPG

P6070087.JPG
P6070093.JPG

P6070097.JPG

/ Compact telehandler #80  
Some more pictures of the V417 in action, in the Land Clearing Forum:

The Biggest Dead Tree That I Have Pushed Over:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...7480-biggest-dead-tree-i-have.html?highlight=

P1280004.JPG

The Tallest Dead Tree That I Have Pushed Over. 40':

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...7480-biggest-dead-tree-i-have.html?highlight=

P7110001 17.5 3' up.JPG

The Largest Diameter (29") Dead Tree That I Have Pushed Over:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/land-clearing-equipment/373459-largest-diameter-29-dead-tree.html

PC260038.JPG