Bronze Member

Default ACS problem pedals locked

I've looked at past threads about ACS and could not find the answer to my problem. I have a 2002 S250 that has been operated solely by hand controls for over 10 years.
    I want to switch to foot pedals but when I do I cannot get the pedals to unlock. With the machine running, seat bar down, and in full operation mode I hit the switch to convert from hand to foot and I get 3 beeps and the lift and tilt light goes dark. I then hit the full operation button (green) and the lift/tilt lights back up but I have no pedal movement. When I hit the switch to convert back to hand controls I get the same thing, 3 beeps, light out, press green button, light on, then I have hand controls. I checked for error code(s) and it reads NONE. If I shut the machine down in pedal mode and start back up I still have no pedal movement.
    Any help is appreciated.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra

Default Re: ACS problem pedals locked

Pull the pin on the pedal linkage to the sensor and confirm the pedals move freely. I have encountered that issue many times. The pedal pivot rusts up.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Whenever mode is changed with seat bar down does require re-engaging Press to Operate button, part of the system design. As Jabonee stated pedals could be rusted in place or the pedal locks are seized, if the controller senses correct voltage through magnetic coil to ground there would be no code. Controller cannot determine is the stem actually moved or not.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Bronze Member

Thanks guys I'm thinking they are rusted in place since I had to dig them out to locate them. The machine is new to me and the former owner really neglected it. Its getting a timing belt replaced and when I get it back I will check the rust.