Bobcat seat light won't come on

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #1  

ballin6681

i have a bobcat 753 and the seat belf light on the bics will not come on I made sure I had nothing underneath it I just used it two days ago to put gravel in the dog kennel

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #2  
There is a known problem with the switch. There is either something under the seat stopping the switch from working or dirt. I took mine apart, cleaned it, reassembled and epoxied it together in the correct "on" position. Just move the two pieces of the switch until you get them in the right spot to turn the seat light on, then epoxy.

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #3  
Hi NoBull,
I've got the same problem with my 753, but I can't figure out how to get the switch out of the machine. Do I need to remove the seat? There is a bolt that comes through the bottom of the seat which I took the nut off, but that didn't release the switch.

I'm a relatively new Bobcat owner and am learning as I go!

Thanks,
Jim

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #4  
I don't remember exactly, but I know it was a pain. I think I had to chisel the top of the bolt off to get it out. I think you are right though to take the seat out, mine wasn't easy or possible at the time. If I remember correctly their wasn't enough room to get the bolt out with the seat in. Sorry I don't remember more details.

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #5  
OK, thanks for the help. I guess I've got my project for next weekend!

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #6  
Seat Sensor Removal & Installation

Raise the cab/Locate the Seat Sensor beneath (when seated - on right side ' bout halfway back).

Disco sensor connector from the holder & harness.

Remove the Magnetic Collar Mounting Bolt & washer.

Inspect/clean the collar/sensor and the threaded bushing on the seat track.

'Hiccups - The threaded bushing was rounded off, but not seized onto the track, had to apply heat to remove. 1 hour total - Worked for me!!!

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #7  
Thanks, Cannon. I'll tear into it this weekend!

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #8  
had the same problem lift remove seat,lift cab tried to get auto electrican to wire switch open but that was all to hard so ended up finding right position that the switch sits in when open and wrapped a roll of insulation tape around it and that was 5 years ago.still going strong.

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #9  
I was glad to find this thread. I am having the seat switch problem and have tried all the suggestions above but can't get the light to come on. I have contacted BC Dealer and am told they have a bypass setup but it cost $225or more. Makes me cranky! Just wana do some work. Anyone else found a way to wire it out. I wish I had a circuit diag.

/ Bobcat seat light won't come on #10  
you can buy a new bics controller from bobcat, its an updated version that eliminates the seat sensor which has always been a problem, very easy to install