MT55 or MT52 Experiance

/ MT55 or MT52 Experiance #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
Anyone have any information in regards to either of these models? There are some "tight areas" we need to be able to get into and these look like they might be the answer.

/ MT55 or MT52 Experiance #2  
The company I work for, had 5 Bobcat MT52's, 9 Ditch Witch SK500's, and 7 Ditch Witch SK650's. The SK500's have the best center of gravity for doing any hillside work. The SK650's have the best power, but the highest center of gravity. The MT52's were somewhere in between. The MT52's digging chains are weak, I always replaced them with Ditch Witch's 35K chains and teeth. You have to make sure you keep the radiators clean in the Bobcat's and the SK650's or they will overheat and you'll be buying a cylinder head. Any of these machines are great for tight areas. We had 5 ride-on trenchers, but pretty much stopped using them, except for large common areas or parks.

Brian

/ MT55 or MT52 Experiance
Received price of over 18K for a MT52 w/loader & auger. More than I want to spend at this time for that type of equipment.

/ MT55 or MT52 Experiance #4  
mt's have an issue with debris getting in the belly pan and chewing/rubbing though the hose that connects the oil pan to the remote oil drain, resulting in the loss of oil while running. i have seen it several times as a bobcat mechanic.

the engine itself is fantastic, but the whole design is a nightmare. debris in the belly pan will also rub through the plastic fuel tank. the engine will have to be pulled to replace the fuel tank. i've done it several times. i love bobcat stuff, and think its great, but would never own an MT. they are impossible to work on, extremely cramped, and a general nightmare. Rent one, dont buy it.

/ MT55 or MT52 Experiance #5  
Received price of over 18K for a MT52 w/loader & auger. More than I want to spend at this time for that type of equipment.

Check the auctions. We sold all of our MT52's and SK500's last year with trencher attachments or buckets for about $2500 each.

Brian