1987 743 bobcat

/ 1987 743 bobcat #1  

etwotsws

Good Deal?? 1987 743, Foam filled tires, Bucket, 12inch Auger attachment, 3400 hours, no leaks. The use is private, need to complete landscaping and clearing of property. Is this a good deal? $6000.

/ 1987 743 bobcat #2  
If you buy it and it needs no high dollar repairs for several years then it would be a good deal.. but if you buy it and 8 months from now it needs some $3000.00 hydraulic transmission pump..then no it wouldn't be that good of a deal. Without the auger it would be similar to many for sale all over... the auger is icing, makes it interesting.

Used machines are a gamble..the older the machine, the bigger the gamble.
I bought a 1988 New Holland L555 Skid Steer with a new hd bucket, it's been upgraded with the SSQA hook up and has aux. hydraulics for around $3500. It's okay but I did have to spend about $1800 for repairs, a new seat, and new tires. (It didn't come with a hydraulic auger..which is worth more than a grand)

The question is did I get a good deal? I'm glad I bought it, but for $4k more I coulda had something much newer. One good thing about this is no computerized control modules on the older machines...