Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #1  

briker57

Tractor
2002 bobcat B200 tractor
I need a hydrostatic pump for my Bbcat B200. Does anyone know if you can put a replacement in by another MFG. Bobcat does not sell repair parts for their pumps so if I buy one from them and it goes out again I have to shell out another $6,000.00 where as if I get a pump made in U.S.A. hopefully I can get replacement parts and get it repaired locally. Also does anyone know if the hydrostatic pumps are a problem on them or if I just got a tractor that was not maintained. I only had the tractor about 2 months when it went out. Thank You
Briker57

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #2  
I need a hydrostatic pump for my Bbcat B200. Does anyone know if you can put a replacement in by another MFG. Bobcat does not sell repair parts for their pumps so if I buy one from them and it goes out again I have to shell out another $6,000.00 where as if I get a pump made in U.S.A. hopefully I can get replacement parts and get it repaired locally. Also does anyone know if the hydrostatic pumps are a problem on them or if I just got a tractor that was not maintained. I only had the tractor about 2 months when it went out. Thank You
Briker57

Is there any manufacturers name tags or model numbers on your existing unit? You may be able to fit another model in there but I doubt it would be a direct interchange. You might have to get different hoses, fittings, redo control linkage etc.

Another option might be to try calling or looking at this website. loaderpartssource.com Another forum member looking for older Bobcat parts posted this awhile back. He stated they had parts available for his model, not sure about yours.

good luck

Roy

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #3  
How do you know you need a new pump ? Did it blow up like a hand grenade ? The safety circuit always malfunctions after a certain time and then you get no drive forward or backward. Fixing it requires bypassing the safety valve or simply wiring it to be "permanently on" when the key is on.

So what were your symptoms ?

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump
The inner gear on the charge pump broke in 3 pieces. I caled a local hydroulics shop that I was told was a good and honest one. They said to bring all the pumps along. Their tech checked them out And siad that thay were shot. There were a lot of scratches on the plates and on the pistons. He said it was probably due to not being maintained ie. dirty fluid. H also said that I would have to clean the whole system before I put a new pump on. Any suggestions for cleaning the system?He said that he could not get the parts because he never heard of the company. The tag on the pump says Axial pump made in Italy serial #000415 date 5-01
thenk you
Brian

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #5  
Amazing failure, considering there were only 1000 hours on it. Bobcat does carry spares and there are other shops that will repair those hydros. The smaller units have Italian pumps and the larger units apparently went with rexroth equipment (EF4 &5).

You might consider completely replacing the entire hydro pump with one of the units from Surplus center

The auxiliary pump rides on the back of the hydro pump and some of the pumps listed have that configuration too.

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #6  
Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue - as I have the same, i.e. need parts or replacement for Hydrostatic pump, with Tag "Axial Pump, Made in Italy". It would be great to know if you found out who made this pump and if and where parts or replacement can be found. Bobcat is offering a replacement for $5000!

Local hydraulic rebuilders are hesitant to take the pump apart without being able to secure parts, sealkits, etc. I expect this is a HP Pump which I believe has been consumed into bondioli-pavesi. I hope to find a US distributor for such if this is in fact the company responsible for this pump.

Any help is appreciated. I will post a solution once I find the correct one.

Thanks, Greg

Last edited:
   / Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #7  
Hi all, i'm a field technicien, and last monday, I have worked on a T200. I have replace the radial seals located on top of the pumps on the driving shafts.In my case, the pumps were supplied by the make "SAUER DANFOSS" made in Italy. Tomorrow, I will ask my boss if he had already rebuild pumps like them, and if he can get rebuild kits from Europe.

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #8  
Thanks for the info and the help.

I have taken the pump to a repair shop that has some experience with these.
They advised me that Axial Pump Italy was taken over/purchased by Poclain France.
The pump in the tractor is very similar to the PM65 model they still sell.

The shop has taken apart the pump and it is completey worn out and needs new main and charge pump internals. These can be sources from Poclain but it will take 12-14 weeks to get these parts.
Sadly I have just ordered the new replacement pump from Bobcat as they can get it to me in a week.

I also investigated into getting a replacement pump made by a US Mfg, but after extensive research there is no simple plug-n-play pump that will fulfill all the specifications of the original. Ugh.

If you do find that you can get rebuild kits or parts for these pumps it would be beneficial to others here, as waiting 12-14 weeks to get parts is pathetic, when they are probably sitting on a shelf in a warehouse in France and can be DHL'ed to the USA in 2-3 days!

Thanks again - I will post a complete solution to this saga when I have the tractor running again.

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #9  
Thanks for the info and the help.

I have taken the pump to a repair shop that has some experience with these.
They advised me that Axial Pump Italy was taken over/purchased by Poclain France.
The pump in the tractor is very similar to the PM65 model they still sell.

The shop has taken apart the pump and it is completey worn out and needs new main and charge pump internals. These can be sources from Poclain but it will take 12-14 weeks to get these parts.
Sadly I have just ordered the new replacement pump from Bobcat as they can get it to me in a week.

I also investigated into getting a replacement pump made by a US Mfg, but after extensive research there is no simple plug-n-play pump that will fulfill all the specifications of the original. Ugh.

If you do find that you can get rebuild kits or parts for these pumps it would be beneficial to others here, as waiting 12-14 weeks to get parts is pathetic, when they are probably sitting on a shelf in a warehouse in France and can be DHL'ed to the USA in 2-3 days!

Thanks again - I will post a complete solution to this saga when I have the tractor running again.

Any more info on this? I have a 1999 earthforce ef-2 and when the hydraulic fluid heats up it will barely move forward or reverse. I need to rebuild the hydrostatic unit and was wondering if there are any part interchange numbers or replacement/rebuild part numbers available

/ Bobcat B200 hydrostatic pump #10  
Sounds like you have the same problem I did and many others have reported to me since I posted this originally. I now believe this is a common issue with these machines, i.e. premature internal wearing of the pump. I was unable to get individual part numbers for the internals of the pump but I did not look that much as I was not prepared to do the internal rebuild myself. NH Hydraulics, NH, USA would do the rebuild for me, as they had access to the parts and manuals through their Poclain rep. As posted, I ended up buying a complete unit as I could not deal with the lead time for the parts. I would check the tag info on the pump and see if it is an Axial Pump, as I am not sure a 99 EF used the same pump as a 2002 B200. If you want to go the internal replacement route, you need to have a Poclain supplier get you the parts list. I have the repair manual which I am happy to send you, but it does not list part numbers and is too big (4 Megs) to upload to this site.

Please advise if I can be of any further assistance.