2002 s185 bobcat - electrical

/ 2002 s185 bobcat - electrical #1  

rljeffers

I have a 2002 s185 turbo bobcat it will not start using the start button. Gives codes 13-07 and 18-06. HAVE REPLACED BATTERY, CLEANED CONNECTIONS If you tie the fuel solenoid in and cross starter over with screwdriver it will start and run fine. Worked fine last time used, was not used for approximately 2weeks then when tried to start thats when wouldent.

/ 2002 s185 bobcat - electrical #2  
I have a 2002 s185 turbo bobcat it will not start using the start button. Gives codes 13-07 and 18-06. HAVE REPLACED BATTERY, CLEANED CONNECTIONS If you tie the fuel solenoid in and cross starter over with screwdriver it will start and run fine. Worked fine last time used, was not used for approximately 2weeks then when tried to start thats when wouldent.

you need to call a bobcat dealer, or look in the owners book that is usually "cabled" to the machine behind the seat to find out what the codes are, and go from there. there is obviously something telling the machine it shouldnt start.

/ 2002 s185 bobcat - electrical
I have the manual the 13-07 says open circuit on fuel selenoid the other i think is just result of the other becouse it dosent come on every time

/ 2002 s185 bobcat - electrical #4  
but your fuel solenoid is pulling in, b/c the machine starts when you jump the starter. the solenoid doesnt care what the starter is doing. key on should pull the solenoid, key off releases it; you'll hear it "pop".

/ 2002 s185 bobcat - electrical #5  
It is either the fuel solenoid or the jumper harness to the solenoid. And yes, that circuit being open will keep the machine from cranking. If you replace the solenoid get the updated version that eliminates the jumper harness.

Brian