bobcat 873 won't start

/ bobcat 873 won't start #1  

bcantell

Tractor
Bobcat 873, Mini Volvo EC25, SkyTrac 7038
My 873 won't start. The lights and dials all just blink when I turn the key all the way. No codes when I hold the light button down for two seconds. I can hear a "click" in the back and then the blinking starts without any red lights on the panel showing. Battery is newer, about 2 years. Any ideas?? Thanks. Bill

/ bobcat 873 won't start #2  
I think you answered your own question. Get the battery checked out. I learned something over on the FTE Forum (Ford Trucks). A guy always said, KISS, meaning, Keep It Simple Stupid.

I use that philosophy often.

/ bobcat 873 won't start #3  
First check battery then alternator. If it don't charge it won't start......

/ bobcat 873 won't start
Thanks for the help. I don't understand why but the problem seems to be rear light. It had fallen out and was lying inside the back door still attached by the wires.. I couldn't find any short or stripped wire. I put it back in and she started right up. ???

/ bobcat 873 won't start #5  
Most likely not related. I'd keep checking. If the light did the trick then there is still a problem as the charge current is not going where it is suppose to.

/ bobcat 873 won't start #6  
Hi from Afghanistan,

I own the 873. Over the summer mine would intermittently make a single click but the engine would not turn over. I fixed the problem by taking the starter motor off and cleaning the solenoid. Mine had dirt in it which mucked up the contacts. Bob

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 1,282