Default bobcat 873 won't start

My 873 won't start. The lights and dials all just blink when I turn the key all the way. No codes when I hold the light button down for two seconds. I can hear a "click" in the back and then the blinking starts without any red lights on the panel showing. Battery is newer, about 2 years. Any ideas?? Thanks. Bill

Smile Re: bobcat 873 won't start

I think you answered your own question. Get the battery checked out. I learned something over on the FTE Forum (Ford Trucks). A guy always said, KISS, meaning, Keep It Simple Stupid.

I use that philosophy often.

Default Re: bobcat 873 won't start

First check battery then alternator. If it don't charge it won't start......
    2008 JD 5103, FEL, 6' Frontier, 6' HD boxblade, 7' Landscape rake, More impliments to come, Bobcat (clark) 742 SS.

Thanks for the help. I don't understand why but the problem seems to be rear light. It had fallen out and was lying inside the back door still attached by the wires.. I couldn't find any short or stripped wire. I put it back in and she started right up. ???

Most likely not related. I'd keep checking. If the light did the trick then there is still a problem as the charge current is not going where it is suppose to.
    2008 JD 5103, FEL, 6' Frontier, 6' HD boxblade, 7' Landscape rake, More impliments to come, Bobcat (clark) 742 SS.

Tractor
    Kubota L3450 & Bobcat 873

Hi from Afghanistan,

I own the 873. Over the summer mine would intermittently make a single click but the engine would not turn over. I fixed the problem by taking the starter motor off and cleaning the solenoid. Mine had dirt in it which mucked up the contacts. Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -022-jpg