743 Skid steer won't start

/ 743 Skid steer won't start #1  

bwalsh

It ran great for the longest time, then kept jerking, so i parked it and it wouldn't start again, I replaced the fuel filter and the pickup tube, loosened injector lines for air.. still no go! Please Help i have dirt ALL around my house that needs to be moved and the wifes freaking!!:laughing:

/ 743 Skid steer won't start #2  
You have to have fuel flowing out of the injector lines to get it started. Work your way back through the system. Do you have fuel to the injection pump ? If I recall correctly this machine has a squeeze bulb on the fueline similar to a small boat gas tank. This had to be pumped to refill the fuel filter. Stay away from starting fluid. Good luck.

/ 743 Skid steer won't start #3  
I had a similar problem with an 843. It turned out that the wire that went to the fuel pump had vibrated out of the connector. The motor turned over but no fuel being pumped so it wouldn't start. I thought I had water in the fuel and started tearing into my fuel system. I bumped the fuel pump wire accidentally while someone else was turning it over and it started right up. I replaced the connector on the end of the wire and re-attached it and it has been working like a champ every since. Hope this helps.

/ 743 Skid steer won't start #4  
Alot of folks leave the fuel shutoff pulled up on these machines, then when they go back and try to start it the fuel rack is stuck in the off position even tho the knob is pushed down in the run position. If you have fuel to the injection pump and nothing thru it to injectors you have a stuck rack. Also most every 743 I ever saw would not start on a 100 degree day without using the glow plugs for the first start of the day.

/ 743 Skid steer won't start
It started going good there for awhile again, but now its dead again, I have fuel to the injectors but now further. (this is a new to me machine, not to framilar with the machine yet)

/ 743 Skid steer won't start #6  
It started going good there for awhile again, but now its dead again, I have fuel to the injectors but now further. (this is a new to me machine, not to framilar with the machine yet)

Check the fuel shut off solenoid. Sometimes mine sticks, usually on though for me. It's a small magnetic actuator that push/pulls the shut off back and forth. If it's not opening or only partially that could be it. If so use a wire to hold it open till you can replace it.

Also there are fuel relays and fuses in your fuse panel. May help to check as well. Good luck