Gold Member

Default Trick to unlocking the traction lock?

I have a new to me 864 track loader. I cannot figure out how to turn off the traction lock. I push the button but the light doesnt go out. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Default Re: Trick to unlocking the traction lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Rio_Grande View Post
    I have a new to me 864 track loader. I cannot figure out how to turn off the traction lock. I push the button but the light doesnt go out. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Dono. Mechanical systems you engage with a spring return lever and they hold by friction until load is taken off - then they disengage by spring force on the lever. Backing up will usually do it to release load and let them disengage. Yours may be holding the engagement electrically -- like manually holding the lever engaged. .... Try backing up and hitting the button. Try checking the operator manual.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Gold Member

As it turns out it dosent serve the purpous I thought it did, Was hoping it would allow for smoother turning ability, I was wrong.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

I assume you were referring to the parking brake/lock down by your foot. I rarely ever use the thing. On my 873, it would rarely get "confused" and not unlock. I would then shut off the machine, flip the lever one way or the other and restart.

Gold Member

No I was under the belief that the traction lock on the pannel was more of a track release, would let the tracks work looser not tearing up so much or binding the machine so bed, none of that is accurate. Just have to make wide sweeping turns to keep from ripping up the sod.

Tractor
    Bobcat 763

My Bobcat 763 has sunk in mud up th its bottom. I try to pull it out with my 3500 Ram, but I do not remember how to operate the traction overdrive. Thanks for any help.