Trick to unlocking the traction lock?

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock? #1  

Rio_Grande

Platinum Member
I have a new to me 864 track loader. I cannot figure out how to turn off the traction lock. I push the button but the light doesnt go out. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock? #2  
I have a new to me 864 track loader. I cannot figure out how to turn off the traction lock. I push the button but the light doesnt go out. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Dono. Mechanical systems you engage with a spring return lever and they hold by friction until load is taken off - then they disengage by spring force on the lever. Backing up will usually do it to release load and let them disengage. Yours may be holding the engagement electrically -- like manually holding the lever engaged. .... Try backing up and hitting the button. Try checking the operator manual. :confused3:
larry

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock?
As it turns out it dosent serve the purpous I thought it did, Was hoping it would allow for smoother turning ability, I was wrong.

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock? #4  
I assume you were referring to the parking brake/lock down by your foot. I rarely ever use the thing. On my 873, it would rarely get "confused" and not unlock. I would then shut off the machine, flip the lever one way or the other and restart.

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock?
No I was under the belief that the traction lock on the pannel was more of a track release, would let the tracks work looser not tearing up so much or binding the machine so bed, none of that is accurate. Just have to make wide sweeping turns to keep from ripping up the sod.

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock? #6  
My Bobcat 763 has sunk in mud up th its bottom. I try to pull it out with my 3500 Ram, but I do not remember how to operate the traction overdrive. Thanks for any help.

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock? #7  
It has NOTHING to do with traction. Some moron at Bobcat who obviously never drove a Bobcat had no idea what he was talking about, so he called this stupid thing a "traction" lock. He should have called it a hydraulic brake or motion lock.................or better yet, just leave the stinking thing on his drawing board and off the Bobcat!!!

This kind of crap is what you do when you don't have anything TO do, and the boss says "Will you DO something". His co-workers didn't have anything to do one day either, so they came up with the ignorant idea to put a computer on them! While they serve NO intelligent purpose at all they bring in a LOT of revenue to the service departments, and cost you a LOT of money in the process.

Try buying an axle seal or bearing for a Bobcat some day! Bobcat bastardizes the diameters so you have to buy them from Bobcat or a re-seller - like on Ebay. There isn't a parts store in the US that can get you a bearing or seal to fit a Bobcat.

I got one for ya - the 553 I just bought was missing a wheel and 5 lugnuts. Try finding a 14 mm fine-threaded lugnut that's got a 1" hex on it. Unless you go to Bobcat, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!! Deere and Holland both use SAE nuts on their skid loaders, and not even Fastnal has them!!!!

Thius is all part of Bobcat's way of showing you how "friendly" their machines are to work on!!!!

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock? #8  

Thanks
I'm assuming you have a " G" series machine? [triangle headlights?}:confused3:

/ Trick to unlocking the traction lock? #9  
I'm assuming you have a " G" series machine? [triangle headlights?}:confused3:

This question was posted in 2010 so hopefully he figured it out.
For anyone coming across this with same issue, check your Park Brake switch. If Park Brake is "ON" or switch is faulty the Traction Override will not release the brakes.