Skidsteer Lift?

/ Skidsteer Lift? #1  

tinman955

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Bobcat CT450 Cab Hoe
What kind of lift do the S Series Skidsteers have? I am looking at S185, S205 or maybe S250. My Bobcat Tractor will lift 3000lbs just need to know if the skidsteer will do better. Any real world info would be great.

Thanks

/ Skidsteer Lift? #2  
With that series, the number of the model is basically the same as the lift capacity. S250 lifts 2500 lbs, S185 lifts 1850 lbs ect. That is bobcat's rating. Could maybe lift more in true world use. For skidsteers, the rated lift capacity is typically half of the tipping capacity. Not the the same for CUTs. Many CUTs will lift the rear end near what the FEL lift capacity is unless have rear ballast.
I had an S300 with additional rear weights. I always felt it could lift near 3500 lbs to full height
Bobcat 9TL is rated for 2050 lbs 500mm ahead of the pins. Where do you get 3000 lbs of lift? I assume that is not at full height but near the ground?

/ Skidsteer Lift?
My tractor will lift 3000lbs out of my truck bed, which is close to 46" not full height, I use my forks to lift skids of salt and different items off my trailer which is 24" off the ground. So I was hoping my skid steer purchase would give more capable lift, not always at full height, mostly just off my trailer.

So in the real world what would I expect a 185 or 250 do using forks picking up skids?

Attachments

• 2880lbs.jpg
    2880lbs.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 2600lbs.jpg
    2600lbs.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 486
   / Skidsteer Lift? #5  
My tractor will lift 3000lbs out of my truck bed, which is close to 46" not full height, I use my forks to lift skids of salt and different items off my trailer which is 24" off the ground. So I was hoping my skid steer purchase would give more capable lift, not always at full height, mostly just off my trailer.

So in the real world what would I expect a 185 or 250 do using forks picking up skids?

Check these figures.

Click on specifications.

Bobcat CT450 Compact Tractor - Bobcat Company

CT450 operating weight is 3935 lbs

S250 operating weight is 7825 lbs.

/ Skidsteer Lift?
Are operating weights just the unit or does that include loader? Buckets?

JJ I know what the specs say, I did check them out first thanks, I guess I just wanted to know if anyone can confirm whether or not paper specs are hard numbers or not. My tractor does exceed what the manufacture says it should lift.

Thanks

/ Skidsteer Lift? #7  
You may be right, but the lifting weight ratio to tractor weight does not seem logical.

MY Case 1845C skidsteer weight is about 6100 lbs, and can only lift about 1800 lbs

/ Skidsteer Lift?
Thanks again for all the info

/ Skidsteer Lift? #9  
S300

Tipping Load 6111 lbs
Operating Weight 8268 lbs
Lifting weight 3000 lbs

With the hoe on the back, lifting capacity could go as high as 3500 to 4000 lbs.

Last edited:
   / Skidsteer Lift? #10  
" My tractor does exceed what the manufacture says it should lift."

If your not concerned with the ROC's then yes a S185 will lift 3K.