Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Quote Originally Posted by SSdoxie
    She probably will if she has one on the lot, but then you won't be getting any of the nice improvements and options available on the M-seris.
    Happy hunting
    Well I bought this 2006 T190 a few years ago 480 hrs full options for 24,000 out the door. She always does great deals.
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: Bobcat Track loader No MSRP/negotiation ?

Yellowdog, I need to correct myself regarding the HP in the 300s. HP did not change when they first went to v3800 engine was 81 gross, but did move up to 85 when they started the K-series with the hydraulic cooling fan. The last 300s have the same engine as the first 750s.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Platinum Member

not to get too off topic Doxie, but I'm considering trading my s750 to a 770 to get the extra hp to support my mulching. I'm not sure if I want the It4 motor or whether I should wait until the Doosan motors appear in 2014. I have a situation where I'm at my max weight with the 750. I would need to pull the counterweight out of the belly of the 770. The machines, with cab and air, are a lot heavier than advertised. My s750 with high flow, cab w/lexan and air, and hulk tires (with air) weighs 9200 lbs with a 66 " fork grapple on the certified scale. I only use the 1/2" lexan and don't use the Bobcat forestry package other than the diapers and that machine is still heavy. Even with the extra weight of the grapple, it's still a lot heavier than I was expecting. A similarly outfitted s330 with the wheel weights stripped and a 12x16 hulk tires instead of the 17" tires weighed 8900 lbs on the scale. I could have used the extra hp that the T320 generated but was stuck with 85hp. I didn't want to turn my fuel up like some of the guys because I have the extended warranty and didn't want to make a mistake and put too much fuel into the motor. I've always told my Bobcat rep that a 9k lb machine should be minimum 90-100 hp. to support high flow operations but if I want 99 hp I have to have a machine that weighs 11k lbs. Frustrates me.
    Brush Chipping and Tree Mulching Texas Style!

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by yellowdogsvc View Post
    not to get too off topic Doxie, but I'm considering trading my s750 to a 770 to get the extra hp to support my mulching. I'm not sure if I want the It4 motor or whether I should wait until the Doosan motors appear in 2014. I have a situation where I'm at my max weight with the 750. I would need to pull the counterweight out of the belly of the 770. The machines, with cab and air, are a lot heavier than advertised. My s750 with high flow, cab w/lexan and air, and hulk tires (with air) weighs 9200 lbs with a 66 " fork grapple on the certified scale. I only use the 1/2" lexan and don't use the Bobcat forestry package other than the diapers and that machine is still heavy. Even with the extra weight of the grapple, it's still a lot heavier than I was expecting. A similarly outfitted s330 with the wheel weights stripped and a 12x16 hulk tires instead of the 17" tires weighed 8900 lbs on the scale. I could have used the extra hp that the T320 generated but was stuck with 85hp. I didn't want to turn my fuel up like some of the guys because I have the extended warranty and didn't want to make a mistake and put too much fuel into the motor. I've always told my Bobcat rep that a 9k lb machine should be minimum 90-100 hp. to support high flow operations but if I want 99 hp I have to have a machine that weighs 11k lbs. Frustrates me.
    I understand your concerns. Just FYI - the current engine in the 7xx & 8xx models will remain the same until they have to change to meet Final Tier 4 requirements. Only the 33 - 75 HP engines will get switched over to the Doosan/Bobcat engine about this time next year. It will likely be mid-year 2015 before the larger models make the engine changes.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Yellowdog, Since we are getting off topic of this thread, I sent you a PM.
    Dennis

Tractor
    2013 Bobcat S100

I just ordered an Bobcat S100 here in STL MO and was given 12% off MSRP plus an extra $1000 off for paying cash. The salesman told me the 12% discount off MSRP was standard for their dealership. I found the MSRP for 2010 on line and other info that stated a 3% price increase in 2011, so I had the MSRP facts before talking to the salesman. His numbers were the same as what I had found, so I know we were not playing games. Good dealer, good salesman. I did not know about the extra discount for cash, so that was a pleasant surprise.
    Last edited by RVoutrider; 11-25-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: clearify

Tractor
    Bobcat 331D

Quote Originally Posted by RVoutrider View Post
    I just ordered an Bobcat S100 here in STL MO and was given 12% off MSRP plus an extra $1000 off for paying cash. The salesman told me the 12% discount off MSRP was standard for their dealership. I found the MSRP for 2010 on line and other info that stated a 3% price increase in 2011, so I had the MSRP facts before talking to the salesman. His numbers were the same as what I had found, so I know we were not playing games. Good dealer, good salesman. I did not know about the extra discount for cash, so that was a pleasant surprise.
    Where did you find those numbers?
    pp

Tractor
    Bobcat T190, MT55, E55, 430 ZHS

Hey guys any ideas on what the MsRP for a T750 is in Canada now? Thinking with cab, heat, air, suspension, and hydraulic bobtack (whatever they call that option so you can switch buckets from in the cab....glorious option on out t190!)

Tractor
    Bobcat T190, MT55, E55, 430 ZHS

Or the MsRP in Usd would work too as I could bring it across from Washington and great to know about the cash discount!!!

Tractor
    Bobcat 331D

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirllana View Post
    .... i got the new machine for not much more that some were wanting for their used stuff. Im happy and not one bit ashamed. if you think for one second that someone should pay $7k more for something just because it's the dealership closer to you, then you are out of your mind. i think most people would beg to differ. I could see you point if it were a few hundred dollars dollars difference, but 7k?... isnt that half of what a teacher makes in 1 year???
    I have to chime in as I spent a good hour reading this thread....even though the topic has veered off, I agree with Countrygirl...nobody likes to pay more than necessary period. I like Bobcat machines, a lot, but their refusal to list MSRP has me wandering. If car companies can list their MSRP, then why not Bobcat. The whole service package story being different is hogwash imho.
    In this day and age, information is available to all, and Bobcat's refusal to list MSRP is going to be the stake that puts the company in the ranks of the has-been, if it hasn't already. Like a secret society...furthermore, they should have their parts online and with prices. If one has to jump through hoops to get a price, they will find a place with no hoops. Funny enough, I almost bought parts elsewhere, but I decided to torture myself and call Bobcat, get transferred, put on hold, then wait for someone to go online to find a price...their price was cheaper than the knockoffs!
    I own a 331, and I love it...totally over engineered and fairly idiot proof. Of course, since it is 8yrs old, it could be better, but I like simple sh1t, stuff I can work on.
    Ironically, they could save money by being more open...I wouldn't waste their time cross referencing parts all day...../rant

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast