Operating weight vs. trailinging weight

/ Operating weight vs. trailinging weight #1  

jas67

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S
I want to rent a Bobcat MT52. The specs show "operating weight" of around 2500 lbs. Is this what it weights empty, or to use an equivalent term for trucks, its GVW (weight with the loader at full capacity).

I ask this, because although I have an F350 that can tow plenty, the only trailer I have is a small aluminum trailer with a GVW of 2400 lbs / payload of about 2100 lbs. I'm trying to determine if I need to rent/borrow a heavier duty trailer, of it I can use my trailer. At 2500 lbs, I'd be around 2800 lbs gross, or 400 lbs over weight for my little trailer.

Thanks,
Jay

/ Operating weight vs. trailinging weight #2  
You need a bigger trailer. I bet the rental company will add a trailer to the rental at a discounted rate. One of my local rental companies adds the trailer for $25 a day. It is conveinent that you can pick up the bobcat already on the trailer and drop it off on the trailer.

/ Operating weight vs. trailinging weight #3  
Agree bigger trailer. The tires are usually barely adequate to start with on those small trailers. One other option, your bed of your truck is rated for more than that if you have safe loading and unloading facilities.

/ Operating weight vs. trailinging weight
slowzuki said:
Agree bigger trailer. The tires are usually barely adequate to start with on those small trailers. One other option, your bed of your truck is rated for more than that if you have safe loading and unloading facilities.

I thought about that. My truck has an 11,200# GVWR, and weigh 7500, w/ me + fuel, thus 3700# payload. I don't have a proper height bank or strong enough ramps to hold 2500#.