Old Bobcat skidsteer won't move

/ Old Bobcat skidsteer won't move #1  

woodsman2011

Hey folks, tell me some possible causes for this:

Friend of mine has an OLD Bobcat (Not sure the model #) but it was made before the computerized days. He told me today that he used it 2-3 days ago and it was fine. Went to it this morning and the thing will not move. Lift arms work fine but won't pull on either side in either direction. I asked him if the sticks had the same feel to him and he said that they felt different to him. Said he raised the cab and checked for leaks/linkage trouble anything obvious and found nothing. I told him I'd run it by you folks to see if we could come up with anything. I'll have a look at it tomorrow and check model number. Any other numbers/info that would help in the search for this problem?

Thanks

Kelly

/ Old Bobcat skidsteer won't move #2  
Hey folks, tell me some possible causes for this:

Friend of mine has an OLD Bobcat (Not sure the model #) but it was made before the computerized days. He told me today that he used it 2-3 days ago and it was fine. Went to it this morning and the thing will not move. Lift arms work fine but won't pull on either side in either direction. I asked him if the sticks had the same feel to him and he said that they felt different to him. Said he raised the cab and checked for leaks/linkage trouble anything obvious and found nothing. I told him I'd run it by you folks to see if we could come up with anything. I'll have a look at it tomorrow and check model number. Any other numbers/info that would help in the search for this problem?

Thanks

Kelly

How long is a piece of string?:laughing:

The model # and serial # would certainly be a good start.:confused2:

/ Old Bobcat skidsteer won't move #5  
start by checking all the safety devices.

/ Old Bobcat skidsteer won't move #6  
Even if you don't know the model number can you describe the machine a bit more i.e. gas, diesel etc. There are a couple of places to check for the model number (inside left lift arm tower, cab raised on front of pump etc.)

/ Old Bobcat skidsteer won't move #7  
If the sticks feel different then he really needs to check the oil levels, charge pump may be bad or the tandem piston pumps may be compromised......

He's gonna need some documentation on that unit to properly diagnose.....a service manual from Bobcat may be worth the investment to get a good handle on the problem.......especially troubleshooting the hydrostat trans/pump and charge pressures.......

/ Old Bobcat skidsteer won't move
Hey folks and thanks for replies. It don't matternow because he bought another one. He changed filters and a few other atempts at a fix but no go. For the record its a diesel.

Thanks folks

Kelly