Hopefully a quick question

/ Hopefully a quick question #1  

RPW

Veteran Member
Hopefully this will be a quick question/response. Does anybody know the approximate HP for a 700 series hydrostatic motor? I replaced mine and the old ones still work but noisy. I was thinking of repurposing them and am looking for some general information.

Thanks.

/ Hopefully a quick question #2  
Who is the manufacturer of the hyd motor?

/ Hopefully a quick question #3  
Does anybody know the approximate HP for a 700 series hydrostatic motor? I replaced mine and the old ones still work but noisy. I was thinking of repurposing them and am looking for some general information.

Well, the Bobcat 742 uses a 34hp engine, so I would expect that the
wheel motors are designed to handle the power output that it generates
thru the HST pump, plus some safety margin.

Have you taken one of the motors apart to see what is failing?

/ Hopefully a quick question
J_J the tags are pretty faded so I really can't tell the manufacture.
dfkrug - I would expect them to be about 20 - 30 hydraulic HP but was wondering.

I'm in the process of designing and building a hydraulic power rake and also was wondering at the speed these motors turn. I know there is a large amount of speed reduction as at full throttle the ground speed is only about 7mph. No I haven't taken them apart because they still work but noisy.

TIA

/ Hopefully a quick question #5  
You really need to consider this. Although it is now working somewhat OK, if you repair it now, you may only need a few parts. If you let it go and destroy itself, a new hyd motor will be very expensive. You need to choose a time in the near future that you can put aside some time to work on this as to repair or replace, including whether you do all the work or the dealer. Is your time worth $65 to $85 per hour?

J_J Understand what you're saying. On my machine I have already replaced the motors. These are the old ones that I removed. The parts company didn't want them back so I have them in the garage gathering dust. As far a working on them yes I will tear apart at some point to repair them but first I need to get a manual on them and that's being problematic at this time. They still work but are noisy. According the my dealer it's probably the vanes that need replacing but again until I get a manual.......

/ Hopefully a quick question #7  
If you go to your Bobcat dealer, he has a cd on your machine, and might print you a parts layout. Might even be able to purchase the cd.

That's one thing that I have to check on. I have the parts layout for the machine but it doesn't cover the breakdown of the hydrostatic motors. Thanks.