T190 fuel issue

/ T190 fuel issue #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
SO my friend that relies on her T190 to service her farm is having issues.

A friend was running the machine and ran it out of fuel. So they put more fuel in it (15 gal) and still cant get it running.

They suspected perhaps the fuel filter was preventing good flow so they replaced it.

Still no joy.

I came over today to help trouble shoot and basicly make shure it was primed well before starting again. Here in lies the issue. I cant get it primed.

There is a rubber hose that appears out from under the engine with a inline primer bulb (the type used on boats). that line connects to a widget then to another line that leads to the fuel filter then back up to the injector pump at the top.

I can not get any fuel out of the bottom line. Fuel will not simply run out of the end of the hose should nothing be connected to it. I thought the primer bulb may be shot and not providing good one way suction so we picked up a new one and still no joy on pulling fuel out of the line at the bottom of the engine.

clogged pickup? google says the the fuel tank is a biatch to fix as it sits under the engine/hydrulic pump. can you not service the pickup without going through all that hassle?

anything else to try before we spend $$ on having the repair guy out?

/ T190 fuel issue
To much time passed and not enough help resulted in a call to bobcat.

Service guy lifted the cab and checked the fuel tank to find the fuel line had become disconnected at/in the tank.