Repairing wear in pins and cyl ends/bushings

/ Repairing wear in pins and cyl ends/bushings #1  

JRP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800
I noticed slop in my tilt cylinder ends so I pulled out the pin. Pin and rod end are both worn.

1. Is this wear inevitable, or a sign of poor maintenance?

2. Is there a fix that does not include " buy new cylinders"?

3. Do the rod ends have wear sleeves or bushings?

4. How much does it matter? Does it make a difference when you are using the machine?

Thanks

/ Repairing wear in pins and cyl ends/bushings #2  
The amount of wear in these pivot pins is directly related to amount of grease they have had. I have seen machines with over 2000 hrs. with original pivot pins and bushing still like new, have also seen machines with less than 200 hrs. and completly worn out, all depends on application & how much grease has been used.

You didn't mention model or serial number so I cannot be precise, but most of machines built by Bobcat do have wear bushings in the cylinder rod ends.

The amount of wear affects the amount of loosness/freeplay in the bucket. This is "lost motion/control" of the bucket. The acceptable amount is up to you, it does not affect digging or lift performance but can affect close grading ability so is up to you to descide if parts need to be replaced to help do your job better.

/ Repairing wear in pins and cyl ends/bushings
Thanks SSdoxie! I see you are a great resource for this site.

My machine is a 2006 T190, which the dealer said is a newer model. They had new pins and bushings in stock. I got the lower Bobtach pins/bushings on Friday and will get the cylinder rod pins/bushings after the Bobtach is rebuilt and and painted. Need more money.

My grapple is loose on the Bobtach. It is like the latch pins are worn or metal is worn away from the attachment contact surfaces. Makes the bucket rattle.

My plan is to pull the Bobtach off, take it apart, weld a shim of metal to the bottom contact pads and also weld buildup the pins and mill them flat, then repaint it. Suggestions?

Any suggestions on specific things I should do when rebuilding the Bobtach?

Thanks for all your help.