bobcat passwords

/ bobcat passwords #1  

Jerry Haynes

Tractor
bobcat773G
I have a bobcat that a former employee set the password on and I cant get it to start without it does anyone know any thing about how to get past it or how to find out what it is. The people at bobcat just say to bring it in but its out in the woods and I cant get to it with a truck or wrecker too many trees no road. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jerry Certified Building contractor Mt Dora fl.

/ bobcat passwords #3  
mmm...why not ask the former employee?

/ bobcat passwords #4  
It would be logical that the dealership should have a black box to allow service people to work on the machine or to reset the passwords, diagnose fault codes, etc.

A service call to the woods might be in order.

/ bobcat passwords #6  
   / bobcat passwords #7  
There are 3 types of passwords, the master, owner, and user. You should have the owners code, this code will allow you to control all users and machine features, lockouts, etc.

The dealer can look up the master code, they just need the model and serial number. However, this should only be used to change the owners code, then forget about it, it's impossible to change the master code, so if you put it in the wrong hands, your done.

With that said, most dealers are very hesitate to give out the master code. 1, because it can never be reset, and 2, you never know who's really on the phone. You'll need to have a good relationship with the dealer, or bring some good documentation to prove you really own that machine.

/ bobcat passwords #8  
Why was this moved to the tractor forum? ...this is a skidsteer unit and belongs in the costruction equip forum.

/ bobcat passwords
Hello, thank you for your reply.
I ahve contacted bobcat and there is a randomly generated password from the factory
all I ahd to do was give them the serial number and they got the password. Thay wanted to charge me for that but I contacted the factory and they told the dealer not to charge me Regards Jerry Haynes

/ bobcat passwords #10  
As said in earlier post, after you use the Master Password to set up and new owner password forget what it is and tell no one else. It is special to your serial number only and cannot be changed.