Tips or ideo on T190 track instalation?

/ Tips or ideo on T190 track instalation? #1  

JRP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800
My T190 has 2200 hours and I want to change the final drive oil. I know all I need to about the correct oil, etc., but am nervous about pulling the tracks off myself. I'm 50 now and not real strong. I do have a concrete shop floor, overhead hoist, and can jack the loader up and put onto blocks. Is it bad?

If your dad was asking you what he needed to know about changing the tracks, what would you tell him?

I was thinking about trying to set the tracks onto 4 wheel furniture dollies and/or making a curved sheet metal tool to slip over the sprocket to make sliding the track on it easier.

I also understand how the track tension grease works - I think.

Have you seen a video on how to easily change the tracks? Any tips on ways to make it easier? If you change tracks ofter (your a pro) please make a video.

If the old oil is goopy or bad should I put in some temporary oil, diesel, or solvent then run the motors to try to flush out the hubs? The way I figure, my time flushing out the hubs now is cheap compared to time and money replacing components sooner than necessary.

Thanks for your help.

/ Tips or ideo on T190 track instalation? #3  
The video here is on an internal drive rubber track, really doesn't apply to the inbedded steel drive track.
Best way I have found to do this:
1. get 3 or 4 pieces of steel round bar or heavy walled tubing 1 3/8" - 1 1/2" OD.
2. Jack machine and block it up so tracks are about 6" off the ground.
3. Loosen the bleed screw on the track tensioner, start machine and push trave control to reverse. Spinning track in reverse will pull the track tensioner up to push all the grease out of it.
4. Put the round shafts in between each steel imbed just behind the front idler on bottom of track, the rotate track in reverse until the bars are around front surface of the front idler wheel.
5. Pry the track off the front idler. Then rotate track some more and it will come off the sprocket.

To reinstall follow steps in reverse.