Repower for M600/610

/ Repower for M600/610 #11  
Thanks for that, i know what the chisel mark looks like it's on the driven sheave halves. I'll have another look for the V shape on the back of the fixed sheave but im wondering how youre supposed to see it when its tight up against the flywheel?
What size do you think the V is?
thanks Jim

The mark "should" be exactly the same on each half. If your engine has as much grime as mine, you'll need to clean the edge of the sheave as best as you can, a flashlight helps me, but mostly I use a fingernail to feel for it. You very likely will need to bump the starter a time or two in order to feel the portions that are inaccessible (or pull plugs and move it by hand). Not to get all technical on you but the flywheel is actually on the other end...the sheave is tight against the block only.
Hope this helps.

/ Repower for M600/610 #12  
The mark "should" be exactly the same on each half. If your engine has as much grime as mine, you'll need to clean the edge of the sheave as best as you can, a flashlight helps me, but mostly I use a fingernail to feel for it. You very likely will need to bump the starter a time or two in order to feel the portions that are inaccessible (or pull plugs and move it by hand). Not to get all technical on you but the flywheel is actually on the other end...the sheave is tight against the block only.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, ive got a two cylinder deutz diesel in mine with the fixed drive sheave hard against the flywheel and im wondering if thats why i cant find a mark on it. The sheaves outer edge would be lucky to be 2mm.
thanks jim

/ Repower for M600/610 #13  
My apologies Jim......We've had a couple of diesel 610's but ended up just cannibalizing them for a couple of reasons....one of which is I don't know squat about em.

/ Repower for M600/610 #14  
I have a 1970 610 I'm replacing the belt on. I've got it all back together, all I need to do is put the outer drive sheave back on. The problem is I cant remember where the large internal C clip goes? I need to slide the sheave on, and install it somewhere from what I remember. Then I can put the metal disc thing on, the small external c clip, and the roto swivel. Anyone got a clue?

/ Repower for M600/610 #15  
I also, have a m 600. What type of drive pulley did you use and how much was it and where can I get one. I have a 25 hp kohler. Your info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Nick

/ Repower for M600/610 #16  
I also, have a m 600. What type of drive pulley did you use and how much was it and where can I get one. I have a 25 hp kohler. Your info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Nick