Is the price right for a 7763 and will it do the job?

/ Is the price right for a 7763 and will it do the job? #1  

dirt ditch

Veteran Member
Tractor
I don't have much experience with skid steers so need some advise. Found a 93 7753 with 3800 hrs that just had the drive motors resealed by bobcat dealer. Same dealer wants $9700 for it. Looks in good shape, not abused. Is the price within reason for a 18 year old machine? Will it work for removing ceder trees and plumb thickets from pasture land, or snow from the 1/4 mile driveway? The price is in the ball park where I would like to play so any thoughts would be appreciated.

/ Is the price right for a 7763 and will it do the job? #2  
That price seems in th upper range for this size/model but not out of question if it runs good. Make sure engine has no smoke, hydro drive has good power, no signs of oil leaks, and check lift arms and frame for any cracking. 3800 hrs. is not a lot for this old of machine so very likey is in good sahpe. Work the dealer, you can probably get it a little cheaper.

/ Is the price right for a 7763 and will it do the job?
Thanks for the reply SSdoxie. When I went and looked at it, found out it was the dealership manager's personal bobcat. He was selling it outright so he could buy a newer model. Tight machine, lots of power, no smoke or oil leaks, everything works as it should. New computer 2 years ago, new style hydraulic couplers, along with a new bolt on cutting edge and a new operators manual. If there was anything wrong he fixed it. Got a good deal on a JD 4 in 1 bucket and will be hooking it up this weekend.

/ Is the price right for a 7763 and will it do the job? #4  
Sounds good, should have years of life left in that one.

/ Is the price right for a 7763 and will it do the job? #5  
Great machine. Mine has at least 5-6,000 hr on it. Use it every day with normal repairs and maintenance. Boss stopped working years ago.

/ Is the price right for a 7763 and will it do the job? #7  
I have a 7753 with the boss display and hand controls, wonderful machine, looked at new and every time came back to keeping it. Pretty much rebuilding it little by little. Close to 5000 hrs, with good maintenance your machine will last you long......time.