Locked out Mini excavator 322

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322 #1  
Help! Mini excavator hydraulics wont activate with the armrest down! Put a new microswitch in hoping that would help but nothing. Im stumped. Anyone have this happen to them before and what was the solution?

Thanks!

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322 #2  
Do you have power to the switch? If not check fuses, broken wires, etc.
If power is going through the switch, locate the solenoid it connects to and make sure it is getting power supply.

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322 #3  
There are a bank of 2-4 selenoid/bypass valves on the hyraulic pump manifold that act as safety bypasses. These are safety cutouts that disable the hydraulics when the safety switches, relays etc are not engaged - I think the armrests are one of these. As previously stated, check the electrical switches in the armrest itself, then check the selenoids for power. Not uncommon for the magnetic coil in the switch to go out. If that is the problem, you can buy just the coil without replacing the whole bypass valve

Don't have my manual handy at the moment to give you more info, sorry!

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322
Finnally found a bad connection on the solenoids. Since i dont have 2 hours to go to bobcat we rigged it back together, circuit tester showed it was working put it on the machine and....nothing. Hoping it is this solenoid, will re-post when I put the new one in. Thanks for the help.

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322 #5  
There are 3 variations of hydraulic plumbing on the 322, depends on serial number (age built) where the solenoid block is located. The aluminum block will have either 2 or 3 solenoids and an accumulator connected to it. On the 2 earlier versions the block is under the operator floor plate, last verison it is in engine compartment just under the starter. If you have the latest version, the arm rest lockout solenoid had a green zip tie around the plug & block has 3 solenoids. Earlier versions, only 2. The 2nd solenoid in all of these blocks is for 2 speed, it is the same magnetic coil so you could swap those and see if you get joystick function and loose 2 speed before making the trip to the dealer. On the 322 both (either arm rest) can be rasied so they each have a switch connected in series so both have to make contact to unlock the solenoid.
On the G series 322 (serial number starts with 2240) has the 3rd solenoid I mentioned (called Dump solenoid), this is also connected to the arm rest lockouts and dumps all hydraulic pressure when arm rest is raised. With this version, if you have track travel or blade movement, the arm rest lokout is not opening but if you have no hydraulic fundtions then the dump solenoid is not closing. Or the coupler on the engine to pump has failed.

Hope helps. If you need more info, post your serial number so we can narrow it down without covering all 3 variations.

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322
Awesome information Thanks!!! First thing Monday im going to give this a shot and see...fingers crossed.

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322 #7  
HELP US TOO!
Having the identical problem with our Bobcat model 322**G Id#224013561
I did eliminate the pump though. Okay and pumps fine. Green light is on on the "left hand" console. NO hydraulics at all.
Could not find any wiring schematic for this unit.
The Very Best,
Roby7

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322 #8  
your dealer service manager wont send you one?

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322 #9  
Looks like we need a new Bobcat mechanic on the Forum:

mecanic.png

He helped a lot of people since June of 2010.

/ Locked out Mini excavator 322 #10  
your dealer service manager wont send you one?
We no longer have one in our area and am trying to find one in other part of Washington State