Bobcat heater not blowing hot air.

/ Bobcat heater not blowing hot air. #1  

Talon67

Tractor
2007 Bobcat t300
Hi folks. New to the skid loader scene. I have a 2007 Bobcat T300 with cab heat and air (At least I think it has heat). The air conditioning works perfectly. When I turn the HVAC knob to the right to the red setting (heat) it just blows out cold air. I assume it has heat? How would I know for sure? I checked the HVAC fuse and it is good. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Dave

/ Bobcat heater not blowing hot air. #2  
Hi folks. New to the skid loader scene. I have a 2007 Bobcat T300 with cab heat and air (At least I think it has heat). The air conditioning works perfectly. When I turn the HVAC knob to the right to the red setting (heat) it just blows out cold air. I assume it has heat? How would I know for sure? I checked the HVAC fuse and it is good. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Dave
err, the heat would be from the radiator bypass thru a heat exchanger. How long do you let it run for.

If it has A/C it will have heat. Also, the thermostat may not be sized properly to open in the colder temps.

/ Bobcat heater not blowing hot air. #3  
Check to see if there is a shut off valve in the heater core hose. My skid at work has one that we shut off in the summer to make the a/c colder in the summer. If your engine temps are at normal then you should be getting heat. Also make sure your coolant is filled up. Good luck!

/ Bobcat heater not blowing hot air. #4  
It has an electric operated heater valve. Either the valve is stuck, motor burned out, or not getting voltage from the temp control switch.

/ Bobcat heater not blowing hot air.
Thanks for the replies guys! The engine temp goes to almost the midway point of the green on the temp gauge. I ran it for about an hour and it didn't ever get warm air at the vents. I opened the engine door and looking at it from the back I see the large radiator hose on the back right side. There are two small hoses coming off of an assembly there where the large hose is. they appear to go towards the back of the cab and down low. There is also an electrical plug of some kind plugged into that assembly. I didn't see any valves on the hoses or where they attached. Where would this control valve be and how do I even get to the heat exchanger/core Can I access it by tilting the cab. Thanks you all very much for the help!

It has an electric operated heater valve. Either the valve is stuck, motor burned out, or not getting voltage from the temp control switch.

Any chance this is the assembly that I'm talking about that is at the ver back right of the engine where the large and two small radiator hoses come off of? Thanks

/ Bobcat heater not blowing hot air. #7  
The plug with 2 wires right at the top of the engine is the engine temp sensor in the thermostat housing. The valve is behind the cab inside the heater/AC assembly. You have to raise the cab, unbolt the unit from back fo the cab and lower down on machine. The valve is fastened to side of the unit.
Before taking this apart make sure the temp control switch is working. The Dark blue wire to the switch is 12v power supply, black is ground, & white is variable voltage signal going to the heater valve.

The plug with 2 wires right at the top of the engine is the engine temp sensor in the thermostat housing. The valve is behind the cab inside the heater/AC assembly. You have to raise the cab, unbolt the unit from back fo the cab and lower down on machine. The valve is fastened to side of the unit.
Before taking this apart make sure the temp control switch is working. The Dark blue wire to the switch is 12v power supply, black is ground, & white is variable voltage signal going to the heater valve.

That was great info! Thanks! I checked the voltage at the switch inside the cab. I had 12 volts on the blue and 0 on the white with the knob all the way on cold counter clockwise. As I moved it clockwise more voltage showed up on the white wire until it was 12 volts in the full hot position. I raised the cab and saw the control valve. I marked the stem. It stayed in the same position whether the knob was on hot or cold. I definitely can't get to the wires to check any further without taking something loose. How is the best way to get it down to continue trouble shooting? I tapped on the valve but it didn't help. Thanks again! Dave

/ Bobcat heater not blowing hot air. #9  
I have not taken one of these off, so unsure if you have to take the complete box down to get if off or not. If you do have to take the box down, look the insulation at each of the 4 corners there are slits cut in th insulation to get at the attaching bolts. Remove these and the box will come out.