X325 excavator 2nd serial number location?

/ X325 excavator 2nd serial number location? #1  

TobyH

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Bobcat X325
I picked up a 1999? Bobcat X325 at an auction a few months ago. The serial number plate is missing...man I hope it's not stolen. Dealer says there is another serial number stamped on the machine somewhere. Anyone ever locate a second serial number? I have been all over and under this machine and can't find one. I don't see any signs of one being ground off either. Any help is appreciated.

/ X325 excavator 2nd serial number location? #2  
no serial.. oh oh.

Ask the dealer where it is.. probably the best idea. Any clue who the previous owner was? Take that info to the dealer.

I dont know, but you might be able to get info (or refund) from the auction company.

/ X325 excavator 2nd serial number location? #3  
For your sake I too hope it is not stolen.
The best thing to do is take it to the local Bobcat dealer and let them contact their District Service Rep to find out where the stamped serial number is so they can read it. If it is not listed in the Stolen Equipment nationla list they can order you a new "Replacement serial tag" for the machine.
If it is a D-series machine then it will have an instrument panel that looks like pcitured below. If it is the dealer can hook up their computer analyzer and read the serial number programed into the main controller.
Machine serial number can also be traced by using the engine serial number if it is the orignial engine in the machine.

Attachments

• D series miniX panel.PNG
    D series miniX panel.PNG
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,720
   / X325 excavator 2nd serial number location? #4  
Re: Bobcat 773 serial number location

Serial number front of Bobcat where a license plate would be on a car. You have to lift the loader arms. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
   / X325 excavator 2nd serial number location? #5  
Lift the loader arms. Serial number is located where a license plate would be for a car. Very small stamped lettering. Hope this helps.