Bobcat Bucket for 863 Skidsteer

/ Bobcat Bucket for 863 Skidsteer #1  

MarkinMass

I am in the process of purchasing a 2001 Bobcat 863 and it comes with a GP snowbucket only. Since I am purchasing this unit from a local Bobcat dealer I asked him how much $$$ for a tooth bucket to fit this size machine. I was shocked at the amount quoted!
My question is: where can I purchase a similar high quality tooth bucket, but at a fair price? I have looked at several retailers online, but have a hard time determining if those units are decent quality or junk. I don't want to buy from an online dealer and get it then realize that it is not what they said. Any ideas would be appreciated. I would certainly consider a used bucket that is not beat to crap, but those seem to be few and far between also. I will post an ad on CL just to see if I get any hits, but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks for your unput!!

/ Bobcat Bucket for 863 Skidsteer #2  
Your best bet and I hate to say it but with all the failing business you should be able to find a good used one. I paid 2k for my skid steer because a local tree nursery was closing down. Same thing when I bought the fel. Idk how hard the economy hit you guys up there but down here in south Florida what used to be a million tree nursery has shrunk to like 10 and plenty of open lots and for sale signs

/ Bobcat Bucket for 863 Skidsteer #3  
Be patient, you'll find what you want, used. And I wouldn't hold a BC bucket in such high reguards, they are fine, but it's only a bucket! Any make from the others, JD, NH, Case, etc., will be just fine, as well as after market dealers. If you end up buying new, the heavier the bucket weighs, the tougher it's built.

/ Bobcat Bucket for 863 Skidsteer #4  
Well, I bought some new Pallet Forks from River Valley Machine out of Dubuque, IA. And, I'm in Louisiana. I know he has buckets too. It was an Ebay buy.
But it worked for me. I was in no rush, was checking all the listings ie Craigs, List, etc., but no one ever seemed to be selling forks. I got a great deal on shipping. Only thing was trucker wouldn't deliver to my residence. So I asked my local feed store to be the receiver for me. Worked perfect.
Here's where I found it... (make sure it fits a Bobtach) Good luck

SKID STEER SKIDSTEER BOBCAT STYLE PALLET FORKS 4000 LB | eBay

/ Bobcat Bucket for 863 Skidsteer
I ended up buying that toothbar from the bobcat dealer for $1,350. It seems heavy duty and will last for what I will put it through. It seemed I could get them cheaper online, but I wanted to see what I was buying first, at least at the dealer I could tell what I was getting before buying. Thanks to all.

Mark