T190 speed sensor error.

/ T190 speed sensor error. #1  

Ddorr

Tractor
Bobcat T190, John Deere 260
I was using my 2006 T190 SJC controls and the warning horn sounded twice and in the right side control panel shows a "!" and the snail logo. When I check the panel for the active warning it says "Right side drive speed sensor out of range high". The T190 seems to run fine. If I keep using it will it do any damage to the machine? I can not read the code that would be on the left panel because half the LCD display panel is out. I did check the codes on the stored section of the deluxe control panel in the owners section but no stored code there. does this mean the sensor is bad or is there another cause. Is there a way to test the sensor or does it just need to be replaced.

/ T190 speed sensor error. #2  
Out of range High is too much voltage come back to controller on the fedback wire. Probably the wires to the speed sensor have rubbed and shorting together. This could eventually cause problem in the drive controller.

Contact your dealer, recently Bobcat came out with a software upgrade that will allow to discontinue use of the motor speed sensor. Dealer can upgrade software, plug end of wire harness where speeds sensors plug in, then recalibrate the drive and you will not have to worry about speed sensors again. Do not have to remove the sensor from the motor, leave them unpluged, cut the wires off if you wish.

/ T190 speed sensor error.
Is this a service bulletin that my Bobcat dealer should know about? And eliminating the speed sensor would mean it would not have the speed control function all together? Is it common for the speed sensors to go this Bobcat has about 1500 hours on it? In 3 years I have not used the speed control ever so its not like I will miss it. Is there a way to repair the display on the left hand panel or must it be replaced Bobcat dealer wants $400 for it. I have tried to find a used one but no luck so far. Any ideas where to look for one?

/ T190 speed sensor error. #4  
Dealer should know about the service bulletin.
You will have all the same speed control functions as you do now.
The reason for the change is there are also pump stroke sensors in the hydro that were not being utilized as much as they could be, someone got the smart idea to use those in place of the speed sensor and not have to put speed sensors in new machines. Then they decided to redo the software so customer's with older machines would not have to replace the sensor if it went bad, as a cost saving to the customer.
Your failure most likely is broken wire from vibration.

Thanks just as you said. They also had to replace the drive controller. They said they were unable to communicate with it when they connected it to the laptop. Once replaced they were able to update the software and everything is working correctly now. Is is common for the drive controller to go? There was never a stored code for any of there problems but when they hooked up to the laptop they did find 4 stored codes for drive problems. Could this be part of the drive controller problem?

/ T190 speed sensor error. #6  
Thanks just as you said. They also had to replace the drive controller. They said they were unable to communicate with it when they connected it to the laptop. Once replaced they were able to update the software and everything is working correctly now. Is is common for the drive controller to go? There was never a stored code for any of there problems but when they hooked up to the laptop they did find 4 stored codes for drive problems. Could this be part of the drive controller problem?

If you have a Deluxe Panel with capabilty of seeing stored codes, the only codes you see are those in the main controller (controller that is in all machines) it can not display codes in optional controllers such as the SJC controls. The out of range high code was due to over voltage in the system, this could have caused a voltage surge in the drive controller which could have damaged the controller.

Thanks for the information. Now I just need to fix the left hand panel so I can see the hours on the machine. Dealer wants $400 for new panel. Have you herd of anyone replacing the LCD display. I work in the automobile business and we send out the instrument clusters to have the displays repaired.

/ T190 speed sensor error. #8  
There is no rebuild or remanufacture program availble through Bobcat or an aftermarket that I am aware of.

Thanks for the help. At some point I will have to buy a new one from Bobcat dealer.