How to fasten to a straight crankshaft

/ How to fasten to a straight crankshaft #1  

jeffscoggins

Tractor
Melroe 610
I've got a bobcat 610 that has been converted to a Honda engine, which has a straight crankshaft rather than a tapered one like the old Wisconsin engine had. I'm having a terrible time keeping it tight to the shaft. No matter what I do it works loose and begins flopping on the shaft. There's a brass bushing inside the sheave to adapt it down to fit the shaft and there are two set screws intended to tighten against the shaft to hold it tight. But it doesn't seem to hold it. Any ideas?

/ How to fasten to a straight crankshaft #2  
I've got a bobcat 610 that has been converted to a Honda engine, which has a straight crankshaft rather than a tapered one like the old Wisconsin engine had. I'm having a terrible time keeping it tight to the shaft. No matter what I do it works loose and begins flopping on the shaft. There's a brass bushing inside the sheave to adapt it down to fit the shaft and there are two set screws intended to tighten against the shaft to hold it tight. But it doesn't seem to hold it. Any ideas?
Try a local industrial supply for a split taper bushing and sheave. If you buy one get installation instructions and follow them to the letter, especially the cap screw torque.

The bushing will look similar to this one linked.

WOODS ST 1 3/16 SPLIT TAPER BUSHING | eBay