S 300 chronically overheating

/ S 300 chronically overheating #1  

u4x4ia

Tractor
bobcat s 300
Hi Everyone.
I have owned my 2008 s 300 since it had .3 hours on it. I now have 1250 hours on it. 2 speed, high flow, gold package. When i first dropped it in the field with my bobcat brand brush cat, it overheated in 15 minutes. It has overheated many times and the dealer here says, radiators were clogged, normal for such a hot day, ect. or they blame my repair or field fix, return it to factory, pat me on the head for trying, and send me out into the world again.
I have replaced t stat, radiator, they checked water pump, got rid of purple coolant and flushed with water 3 times and now run standard green. I have started mulching and while i could run the brushcat at 2100 rpm for an hour before overheat, the mulcher takes 4 minutes at wot.
I added another oil cooler thinking if i could lower temps before rad it would help. Lots of configurations..... I now have extra oil cooler on cab roof with elec fan, and a/c, factory oil cooler and rad are in factory location. Oil temp maxes out at 190 so far but still not crazy hot days. I can run an hour or so at best on a cloudy 65 degree day before it hits 230. Then its 5 min running, 5 min cooling for the rest of the day. Any thoughts? Of course now I have to fix it, out of warranty, 3200 at the dealer and still not fixed. haven't paid yet and probably wont pay for non repair.

/ S 300 chronically overheating
It is the kubota v 3300 turbo diesel

/ S 300 chronically overheating #3  
s300 is v3300.

Here's what you do. I mulched with 2 s300s. First, clean out your radiator. All three if you have AC. Blow them out from underneath (from under fan) pushing debris up and out of fins. Vacuum what you can. Be very careful lifting the oil cooler and A/C fins. Be gentle vacuuming out the debris.

I would also wash out your radiator with a good dish soap (on cool engine only) and that will help break up debris and the bubbles actually help lift debris out. Flush good.

Buy cut to fit A/C filter and install over the radiators. You can get those at Wal-Mart. Buy a bunch and use and replace every few days. It will keep your radiators a lot cleaner.

Take off your radiator cover and seal up the large holes at the top and bottom where the mesh meets the frame. Seal up the holes around the outside of machine that go directly into radiator compartment. I use caulk or duct tape on the inside or both.

Once you seal up the holes, clean out radiators, and start using the A/C filters over the top, you will not have any more problems. With that said, you will still need to occasionally blow out the radiators and clean them but it will be much less frequent even after a particularly tough mowing job.
This advice is on the assumption that you do not have a problem with your fan or other cooling issue keeping the machine from cooling. On K series machines there is a small switch that goes to the fan. If that switch fails, it will not allow the fan to spin fast enough to cool. Your dealer may not have caught that... My s330 had that switch fail and it had your symptoms, however, the preventative maintenance on the radiators and it's compartment is still a mush if you plan to mow or mulch.

/ S 300 chronically overheating #4  
How hard is it to replace the cooling fans?